What's new

NI will no longer activate discontinued products from May 31st (NOW FIXED]

Digging up this old thread as I thought this last update made clear that it would still be possible to activate several older products, however I just upgraded my DAW and Spektral Delay is stuck in demo mode, Native Access won't allow me to authorise.
I thought that was depreciated much earlier and wasn't part of the more recent round of activity.

It doesn't hurt to contact NI support regarding manual activation of discontinued products. That knowledgebase article linked previously in this thread does mention "Yes, in specific cases we might be able to provide at-your-own risk support for our end-of-life products."

Also while at it, try asking the support agent to connect you with Istvan. :)

HA! I have the earlier version of that, hadn't kept up. Now, where is my license key? Thanks for reminding me, @EvilDragon. Yeah, that's good. But the NI demos blew me away back in the day. "Pinkk-pinkkk-pinkkk" harmonics, drive.

Nord Electro 4 is my go-to today. Might change now.

It doesn't hurt to contact NI support regarding manual activation of discontinued products. That knowledgebase article linked previously in this thread does mention "Yes, in specific cases we might be able to provide at-your-own risk support for our end-of-life products."

Also while at it, try asking the support agent to connect you with Istvan. :)
Thanks will do - it's confusing, as Vokator is still authorised, Spektral Delay isn't but it seems like I can open it, then if I select authorise I’m taken to the old service centre software which I can just close and the plug-in seems to work after that…

I recently upgraded to a Mac Studio Ultra, OS 13.2.1, Komplete 14. Native Access 2 recognized all but one of my third-party libraries; I simply had to "Repair" the path to their locations on my SSDs. But this is not working with EWQLSO Gold XP Pro. It's in the same folder as on my previous Mac, but when I point Native Access to the folder it doesn't link. As a result, EWQLSO instruments will only play in "Demo" mode. I reached out to NI support last week, but haven't yet received a response. Does anyone here happen to know how to solve this?

I recently upgraded to a Mac Studio Ultra, OS 13.2.1, Komplete 14. Native Access 2 recognized all but one of my third-party libraries; I simply had to "Repair" the path to their locations on my SSDs. But this is not working with EWQLSO Gold XP Pro. It's in the same folder as on my previous Mac, but when I point Native Access to the folder it doesn't link. As a result, EWQLSO instruments will only play in "Demo" mode. I reached out to NI support last week, but haven't yet received a response. Does anyone here happen to know how to solve this?
Please keep us posted on the response your receive. I still like a lot of the percussion elements in the old EWQLSO series

I'm thrilled B4 will work again. I have so many clonewheels, but that's tops.
I would be curious if you get B4 working again . I 've tried several times but never got it to work again. I do have other options these days but got always some good results with that one.

After a long back-and-forth with NI support, I've managed to get EWQLSO authorized and working again. Here are the details.

Some "legacy" libraries can (at least at the time of this post) only be authorized using Native Access 1.
NI has a support article detailing how to have both NA1 and NA2 installed on the same Mac:

NI has posted links to older versions of NA1, including one that will work on Apple Silicon Macs (the one for OS 10.14 will run on Ventura):

The problem in my case was that I decided to set up my Mac Studio Ultra from scratch (no migration). So I installed Native Access 2, on the assumption that it would be able to authorize all of my libraries. When that didn't work, I kontakted NI support, and they referred me to the article linked above. But the article assumes that the user has NA1 installed. So I asked how to *add* NA1 when NA2 is already installed. They reponded by referring me to the same article, either because they thought that I was an idiot, or they didn't understand what I was asking (the support person was obviously not a native English speaker). Anyway, when explicit instructions were not forthcoming, I decided to try a modified version of the approach in the support article, and it worked. Here are the steps:

1. Create a new folder named Native Access 2 in Macintosh HD > Applications
2. Drag and drop the original Native Access app into the Native Access 2 folder
3. Install Native Access 1
4. Create a new folder named Native Access 1 in Macintosh HD > Applications
5. Drag and drop the newly installed Native Access app into the Native Access 1 folder
6. Drag the Native Access app out of the Native Access 2 folder and delete that folder.

Step 6 restores normal access to Native Access 2. Native Access 1 can be accessed by navigating to the Native Access 1 folder created in step 4. Just don't try to run them simultaneously (as the support article warns).

I urged NI to add this to the support article linked above, but who knows whether they'll do that. It may be that a future update to NA2 will render all of this moot, but in the meantime I hope this helps anyone who needs to authorize legacy Kontakt libraries.

Hello,

I have an old copy of Garritan Personal Orchestra, from Native Instruments using Kontakt player. I used it for about 300 projects. The old drive is dying so I tried to re-install and move everything to a nice new one with Win 10, which seems to do quite well with legacy software.
Anyway- not getting anywhere with Native Access 2! Would love to keep the old orchestra playing and unlikely to get the cost of a new version past the wife, so I will be watching this thread too...

I have written to NI support via their web-site by the way.
Cheers all,

Mick

Digging up this old thread as I thought this last update made clear that it would still be possible to activate several older products, however I just upgraded my DAW and Spektral Delay is stuck in demo mode, Native Access won't allow me to authorise.

The only advice I can find on the NI website is https://support.native-instruments....ervice-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life - which states that they have after all discontinued the ability to activate legacy instruments, despite them putting out a press release (and @Matt_NI's post above) saying they weren't going to do this...
I haven't read the thread, but I understood that the ability to activate Spektral Delay, Vokator and a few other really old products died a long time ago. Last time I installed them (over a decade ago) I seem to remember having to authorise them with the older product manager (whose name I can't even remember), because they had the ancient-style product codes; once authorised I then had to locate them using Native Access. With the older product manager now also defunct that process died.

Hi,
This may be relevant to other legacy software at Native Instruments:

I've downgraded from Native Access 2 to Native Access 1 as per advice.
Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO) is listed among the "installed" applications, with the serial number.

In Windows 10 the standalone GPO application can be right clicked and 'opened as administrator' but immediately an error message appears stating that it is not registered and will cease working in (as of today for me) 28 days.

A separate application, the GPO registration tool needs 12 boxes, each with a five figure number entered.

The current seller of the latest version of GPO does not recognise purchases through Native Instruments for upgrade deals.

So you cannot authorisse this software using Native Access (1 or 2) alone, as far as I can tell, without NI's help, which I have asked for. I'll post again when I hear back.

If anyone else was using the original GPO from NI with the
Kontakt player v1.0 (that was GPO up to version 3) please let me know!

Cheers,

Mick

If you have the full version of Kontakt 5 or Kontakt 6, try opening GPO in that. This works for me. I would expect Kontakt 4 to work as well, but I didn't try it.

Top Bottom