What's new

NI Komplete 14 factory orchestra sound

V-23

Hey guys,
can't find a good example of the factory orchestra of NI Komplete 14.
This is not the same orchestra as in Komplete 13, now it's Berlin Orchestral Tools (yay!),
but...
I watched Guy Michelmore's video and found that the sound was not as good as in the Berlin series.

So can you folks show some examples of NI Komplete 14 factory orchestra sound?
And please do share your thoughts on the library.

Thanks,
Vlad

Hey Vlad,

I got the Komplete 14 Update but I just played around with some sounds from the new Factory Library.
For my orchestral stuff I use the East West Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition and have to say that this sounds way better...
If you have some midi-files, I can put something quick together with the new Factory Library...

You really think the Kontakt 7 orchestra is better than HOOPUS? That's an interesting opinion. Is there anything you've done with either or both to show by any chance?

Hey Vlad,

I got the Komplete 14 Update but I just played around with some sounds from the new Factory Library.
For my orchestral stuff I use the East West Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition and have to say that this sounds way better...
If you have some midi-files, I can put something quick together with the new Factory Library...
Hi S-B-L, thank you, it would be great. I attached the MIDI. I recorded this example using EWHO, so we can hear how it sounds here:

Attachments

• EWHO vs NI 14 Factory.midi
    11.8 KB · Views: 21
I can't import the XML-File into Logic.
It say's error while opening. file is not an xml file...

Is there a trick? I never used XML files...
If you are using Logic maybe you can send me the project-file?

Got the MIDI-File working...

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!
Some of the patches sound really strange, but my overall impression is not so bad.
I use Cubase which can export MIDI to a music XML file. I can't say much about this format.
But anyway thanks again, that helped me a lot.

I don't owe Komplete 14 collector's edition, but an earlier one. In this one it's the VSL collection, but a stripped down version, which sounds thinner and has less options (f.e. number of articulations) than the original VI libraries I owe from them. I can imagine this goes the same for Orchestral Tools, resulting in that it doesn't sound as good as the original libraries.
Easy to explain, from the developers point of view, of course, otherwise you would pay only a fraction of the original price for all libraries.

If you like HO Opus, wait for Black Friday, then the complete orchestra will be most likely for sale, at an affordable price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom