What's new

New Spitfire Albion "IV"?

:shock: Oh god... i have not bought edna, sss, sable vol 2 yet... Hope i won't like the grange !

Looking at recent releases I bet it would be more focused on electronic elements and acoustic drums/guitar etc. I feel most of the orchestral elements are covered well already.

I just wonder why a company (like Spitfire) would take out a full-page ad in a major trade meg - - I'm guessing they're still pretty expensive these days - - and then make no public pronouncement whatsoever about the product? Perhaps some half-wit advertising-type (no doubt wearing a pork-pie hat) has convinced them that they should first create a "buzz" about this phantom product - - that it will be "cool" to have all of us potential customers stumbling all over each other, trying to guess what they're up to. No doubt the ad-type has convinced them that this will endear them to us.....
I don't think so....
I really haven't got the time to waste, playing guessing games with Spitfire. If you've got enough of a product to take out a full-page ad, *TELL* us about it! If it's not ready for prime-time, fine but don't run the ad as a "teaser"....
remember - - like your mother taught you (or should have), nobody likes a "tease"!

I just wonder why a company (like Spitfire) would take out a full-page ad in a major trade meg - - I'm guessing they're still pretty expensive these days - - and then make no public pronouncement whatsoever about the product? Perhaps some half-wit advertising-type (no doubt wearing a pork-pie hat) has convinced them that they should first create a "buzz" about this phantom product - - that it will be "cool" to have all of us potential customers stumbling all over each other, trying to guess what they're up to. No doubt the ad-type has convinced them that this will endear them to us.....
I don't think so....
I really haven't got the time to waste, playing guessing games with Spitfire. If you've got enough of a product to take out a full-page ad, *TELL* us about it! If it's not ready for prime-time, fine but don't run the ad as a "teaser"....
remember - - like your mother taught you (or should have), nobody likes a "tease"!

I'm not sure why you're so surprised by this. This method of marketing is hardly new for them (and many other companies). It obviously has been working for them so maybe that advertising type in a pork-pie hat isn't such a half-wit...

Those of us that followed the "eDNA what the hell is it?" thread for those few months will agree it ended up being a pretty enjoyable and funny thread.

Noone is forcing you to play guessing games with them. This attitude of "don't tease me, I want to know everything RIGHT NOW!!" is a little childish.

No ad bloke has been telling us anything... Hope that comforts the chap who doesn't like a tease. It's just us, playing games.

Albion, it'll be in the spirit of the rest of the range.... tools for TV, Film, Ad, Games, Trailermakers... so don't worry if you don't like our historic drums ranges and the half decade we spent making Earth.

V V exciting.... news soon.... but maybe on our own thread.

C. x

I don't think so....

Why so serious ?
Life's a cabaret !

... so don't worry if you don't like our historic drums ranges and the half decade we spent making Earth
I'd suggest, sadly perhaps, that most customers don't care how much time, effort, cost, blood, sweat, tears etc we put into creating a product or service, they just care about how much value it is to them in their context. That's the difference between "customer" and "colleague", and IMHO any attempt to confuse the two will normally end in tears. Sarcastically slapping folk for not being appreciative or respectful enough of our efforts (esp. commercial efforts!) isn't endearing, even if emotionally understandable and even somewhat satisfying. Just saying...

....so don't worry if you don't like our historic drums ranges and the half decade we spent making Earth.

Have to agree with Arbee, and others who have pointed out the sarcastic responses in other posts (mainly in the eDNA announcement post). I totally understand it's the passion and the amount of effort/time/money/work that goes into SF's libraries, and that's why they're widely regarded as one of the best, if not THE best!

I've just posted in the Low Reeds post that I'm saving up to get the whole Mural bundle, as I haven't started buying into the BML series yet, but everytime someone gets their head bitten off, it niggles me that little bit more why someone so passionate about what they do can be so unprofessional towards anyone who gives the slightest criticism.

Top Bottom