What's new

New paid Spitfire labs?

Every time I scrolled past a post in this thread that included a bit of the moving graphic from the Spitfire site, I got nauseous.

PUBLIC SERVICE REQUEST: Please, post no more samples of the website art!

I hope that the web site's designed was in accordance with safety guidelines. Direct harm to hapless visitors aside...

You can't stop the signal! This is art! It's about being useful or pleasant, it's about confronting people with their own mortality. And... it really moved me, you know?
Any lawyer around, that can help us recovered what was lost.....:shocked:

It's definitely a subscription service. They published a job offert for Labs+ on their website :

Capture d’écran 2024-04-18 à 16.54.32.png
Here's a quote from your target audience which I hope resonates.

I
Hate
Sub.

(It took everything in my power not to swear.)

It's probably to compete with Musio and Composure Cloud. This would be convenient for people who don't like libraries taking up a lot of space and download what they want.

Meanwhile I don't think I've ever used their free labs anyway,

The sub pandemic is alive and well. Only the stupid would attempt what Waves tried. I wonder if they ever recovered and their race down to zero is not what it use to be.
I think CH was the generous soul there

They either:

a) Did this because of the inevitable inherent hype generated by people venting on VI-C.

b) Hired the most avant garde post-vaporwave graphics designer from the murkiest hole in London who double-ironically loves the weird amateur web design from Geocities in the 90s.

Either way, I love it.

They either:

a) Did this because of the inevitable inherent hype generated by people venting on VI-C.

b) Hired the most avant garde post-vaporwave graphics designer from the murkiest hole in London who double-ironically loves the weird amateur web design from Geocities in the 90s.

Either way, I love it.
Absolutely. 4 pages of chat in 24 hours about a signup page. They still have the genius gene.

I'm glad I ditched Spitfire after the Christian Henson drama, their libraries are top notch for sound quality but expensive, no demos and no re-sale. Their player and download manager don't work properly half the time and they have ignored bugs in older libraries even though they are aware of them and now going forward they are going to charge for something that was previously free, maybe they can use that money to employ some tech support staff.

I'm glad I ditched Spitfire after the Christian Henson drama, their libraries are top notch for sound quality but expensive, no demos and no re-sale. Their player and download manager don't work properly half the time and they have ignored bugs in older libraries even though they are aware of them and now going forward they are going to charge for something that was previously free, maybe they can use that money to employ some tech support staff.
I have always had good luck with their app, and continue to enjoy what they offer. I usually buy bundles during big sales, so the cost doesn’t seem too bad.

Regular LABS. This happens to me over and over and over and over again. So why would I want to PAY for a LABS+

1713489442549.png
Don't worry.... Hurry and secure your free trial (funny that now they are willing to give us a free trial, when its non-existent with their products and if you end not liking it you can't sell it, so end up putting some ketchup over it and eating it) as it has a + sign which probably means more trouble.

Don't worry.... Hurry and secure your free trial (funny that now they are willing to give us a free trial, when its non-existent with their products and if you end not liking it you can't sell it, so end up putting some ketchup over it and eating it) as it has a + sign which probably means more trouble.
Maybe we eventually find out they are under the same clusterfrack as NI, PA. They were bought. It's the enshitification pandemic.

Too bad I got rid of all of my older PC parts. I'd install Windows 2000, Sonar 2, legacy M-Audio and all of the old stuff and probably do more. Keep it off line and never mess with product updates.

Regular LABS. This happens to me over and over and over and over again. So why would I want to PAY for a LABS+

1713489442549.png
Same here. Even when I installed it on a new computer it showed the status from the previous computer of installed and broken libraries, right away before I tried to install any library 💩
Their software is the same level of a disaster as Windows ME was: broken even before the installation process was finished.

What I'm thinking about this particular, high ranking insult to humanity- hoping to excite people about finally having to pay for what has always been free, corrupting the very core of its existence- is that CH will have a hard time getting into his coffin when that sad day comes, because it's already rolling for him violently since the- then distant past of- the LABS+ announcement.
(Hmmm, that almost makes no sense at all... I can only hope the idea comes through?!)

But, yeah, at least that stuff is ugly in every conceivable way. :emoji_confounded:

Top Bottom