What's new

[NEW] Just spotted the Arturia ACID V (303 clone | EUR 99 intro | EUR 49 when added to V Collection)

giphy.gif

Isn't it strange the loyalty price for those who have the V collection and the FX collection is 49 €? I was expecting 29€...

Those are bringing back some memories.

Here's one of my favs off MK album that KMFDM was on.

If anyone gets Arturia version and has Phoscyon 2, would like to hear them compared.

I listened to this song/album *sooo* much when I was younger, I thought Traci Lords was just another electronic artist!

I'm surprised there is much of a market for another 303 clone. Acid has been dead for over 10 years, and there are plenty of soft and hard clones about already that get most of the way there (you prob wouldn't know even in a very basic blind test)

Aside from the genuine hardware, Audiorealism has always been my go to, tho I've always had a soft spot for Tau. Behringer got close too.

Most synths can do a passable 303 sound if sequenced right.

Maybe it's a labour of love.

I'm surprised there is much of a market for another 303 clone. Acid has been dead for over 10 years, and there are plenty of soft and hard clones about already that get most of the way there (you prob wouldn't know even in a very basic blind test)

Aside from the genuine hardware, Audiorealism has always been my go to, tho I've always had a soft spot for Tau. Behringer got close too.

Most synths can do a passable 303 sound if sequenced right.

Maybe it's a labour of love.
I concur with most of your arguments. Rationally thinking there shouldn’t be any market for this. And here I am, a 51 year old insta-buyer 😅

Last edited:
Isn't it strange the loyalty price for those who have the V collection and the FX collection is 49 €? I was expecting 29€...
It's an unbelievably great deal if you do modern pop music at all! If you just listen to it on its own it's pretty special. But set up 2 bars of 4 on the floor kick drum, side chain the Acid V to it and drag a couple of measures of a MIDI note, and do the preset walkthrough and you'll appreciate how valuable this can be as a one stop shop for various synth bass sounds - it covers not just acid but a lot of other EDM territory. Doing the sequencer well and a few bells and whistles make the difference (although I wish there were a basic ABCDEFGH type sequence chaining tab, kind of like what's in xfer records Nerve.)

(Without a sidechained or ducked kick the presets won't sound the as fitting - the bass-ducked-to-kick aspect is what sells the dirty bass thing to me.)

There are several presets that made my jaw drop because of how little like the other 808's this is. I think there are about 8 of these 303 emulations out there, - I may own 5 as of buying this. I don't own the Audiorealism one. But I've never heard a demo from any that can capture the festival sounds - like that of a digeridoo, or some completely ambient stuff. It's like 800 percent easier here, with fx built in and enhancements like a separately octave'd and waveformed sub-osc, a perfectly useful hum noise, & too many extra controls to mention. I have FL Studio's full suite, & bought the D16 303 version (Phoscyon) and thought it was pretty good but it's not half the plaything this is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom