What's new

Nektar CS12 - New DAW controller

Interesting trends, with some providers narrowing focus to Ableton Live ( Novation ), and Logic /Cubase. Not stressed in any way, yet diverting interest from these capable providers (Nektar /Novation), not knowing their related, ongoing plans.

Last edited:
Definitely looking at this, but my initial impression is that I wish there were more faders and fewer knobs.
A 4 motorized fader controller would be cool, but I have a Faderport v2 right now and even a single motorized fader is super handy to have. I have retired my Console 1 and this seems like it could replace that but with a lot more plugin flexibility.

A 4 motorized fader controller would be cool, but I have a Faderport v2 right now and even a single motorized fader is super handy to have. I have retired my Console 1 and this seems like it could replace that but with a lot more plugin flexibility.
Could even have been three unmotorized faders for CCs along with the one motorized one for the track fader. And fewer knobs. But I’ll look more carefully at this, especially its dimensions and how it might sit on my desk.

Could even have been three unmotorized faders for CCs along with the one motorized one for the track fader. And fewer knobs. But I’ll look more carefully at this, especially its dimensions and how it might sit on my desk.
The knobs control plug in parameters, and automap, allegedly to a list of plugins and your can do your own plugin macrothingies

Seems like it's a bit more than just too many knobs...

Fascinating, captain...

I have the panorama, which was a great bit of kit, but Nektar never updated it, no apple silicon compatibility nor did they ever add any new mapped plugins, which makes me wary of getting a new product from them.

The knobs control plug in parameters, and automap, allegedly to a list of plugins and your can do your own plugin macrothingies

Seems like it's a bit more than just too many knobs...

Fascinating, captain...
I understand perfectly well what it does. I also know I dislike working with knobs, whatever they are mapped to. I’d rather have had sliders even though it means fewer parameters can be controlled at the same time.

I have the panorama, which was a great bit of kit, but Nektar never updated it, no apple silicon compatibility nor did they ever add any new mapped plugins, which makes me wary of getting a new product from them.
“Nektar DAW support software for Logic has been updated so that all of our controllers can now be used when running Logic as a native M1/M2/Arm application.”

Bitwig does. Reason does. And Logic of course. Those are the three I use. All with Apple Silicon support.
OK my mistake, I'm a cubase/reaper guy, my P1 has been shelved, hopefully they'll sort it out.
Initially they said they'd add to the list of supported/mapped plugins but there have been no updates on that or Cubase since 2016

Just went to check if reason support had received an updated, unfortunately not for the latest silicon native v12, ps I'm talking about the Panorama Series here which was their "flagship"

Won't derail the thread any further with my woes ;)

Derailment Extension: I owned a Panorama. Lack of support for Digital Performer (along with a very noisy keyboard) had me selling it shortly thereafter.

But if this shoe fits for you, wear it with pleasure!

Derailment Extension: I owned a Panorama. Lack of support for Digital Performer (along with a very noisy keyboard) had me selling it shortly thereafter.

But if this shoe fits for you, wear it with pleasure!
Please, gurl. Some people actually like shoes with a lack of support for Digital Performer.

Two faders, even the second being non-motorized, and I'd have been super intrigued.

The interface (the LCD screen at least) looks a little bit laggy, but pretty nice integration with Logic.

100% agree about the need for more faders! I can ride 4+ faders at one time comfortably - try doing that with knobs! Really don’t understand why companies insist on knobs over faders.

Btw, I don’t think this controller can do any midi cc control anyway, strictly plug-in parameter / channel strip

Top Bottom