What's new

Native Access wont install large library to external drive

SomeGuy

Running native access 1.14.1 and trying to install a large sample library, and even though I have set all the folders in the preferences -> File Location to my external HD, I'm still getting an error that there is not enough space on my system drive! I actually tried on two different machines and still get this error. I will never have 100GB free on my system drive, so any help to actually install this library would be greatly appreciated.

Running native access 1.14.1 and trying to install a large sample library, and even though I have set all the folders in the preferences -> File Location to my external HD, I'm still getting an error that there is not enough space on my system drive! I actually tried on two different machines and still get this error. I will never have 100GB free on my system drive, so any help to actually install this library would be greatly appreciated.
What's the file size and your drive size? If the file is 100 Gigas and your drive has 100 Gigas free, it might not because it needs the double of the size in order to decompress.

Also, can you update Native Access to a newer one? It's on 3.2.0.

Finally, is it developed from NI or a 3rd party? Maybe you can ask the developer for a manual download link. You will need to activate it anyway via N Access.

What's the file size and your drive size? If the file is 100 Gigas and your drive has 100 Gigas free, it might not because it needs the double of the size in order to decompress.

Also, can you update Native Access to a newer one? It's on 3.2.0.

Finally, is it developed from NI or a 3rd party? Maybe you can ask the developer for a manual download link. You will need to activate it anyway via N Access.
Thank you for your reply! The external HD has 2.34TB available, so there is plenty of room on it for installation. I have set the download location & content location to this drive (as again it has plenty of room for both)

But I always end up with this error stating that 149GB is required and I need an additional 71GB of space on my System drive!

As for the latest version of Native Access, I thought it auto-checked for the latest version? I did search and found this link https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/ but it shows as V2, not V3? Going to try updating and see what happens

Last edited:
I had this previously had this problem. Native Access will request available space on your System drive even if you’re installing the samples to an external drive that has more than enough available space.
I updated my system drive twice,originally it was 500gig,which became a 1tb SSD. Last month I replaced the 1tb drive with a 2tb SSD. I was trying to get around it for a while, I finally came to the conclusion that SSD’s are cheap enough now so I periodically up the system drive size as I add more sample libraries.

Seems to be installing now using Native Access 3.2. It also needed to install Kontakt 7 player for some reason, even though the library works on K6 which I own and already had installed. Hopefully upgrading Native Access from V1 doesn't cause any unexpected issues.

Still running Native Access 1 here. I used to have this problem and tend to avoid using it to download if I can avoid it.Yesterday, I got the dreaded dialogue box that there wasn’t room and I then went into Native Access and changed the download setting. Then I downloaded 4 libraries without incident. Which never happens. I have no idea why it is now working for me when it used to always fail. In any case good to hear NA 3.2 is working for you!

Still running Native Access 1 here. I used to have this problem and tend to avoid using it to download if I can avoid it.Yesterday, I got the dreaded dialogue box that there wasn’t room and I then went into Native Access and changed the download setting. Then I downloaded 4 libraries without incident. Which never happens. I have no idea why it is now working for me when it used to always fail. In any case good to hear NA 3.2 is working for you!
I’m also using NA1
Do certain OS versions or newer libraries require NA2 or NA3?

Top Bottom