What's new

My mother died. I composed this Serenade for Strings for her...

E.Heart

My mother Annemarie died on July 6th, 2017. I composed this Serenade for Strings for her, which was played at her funeral. It expresses the emotions I felt when faced with this final goodbye. This music also tries to express the silence and beauty which is beyond life and death. It begins in a minor key but ends in a major key and fades out until there is only silence left. The style is classical romantic. Only had a few days to compose it and will keep working on it and polishing it. Feedback and remarks are welcome...

A wonderful tribute, my condolences on your loss. I think you have achieved your goals with grace and beauty and I think it's a most fitting, simple, peaceful and quite lovely harmonic progression and a poignant reflection. What a powerful force music is at such moments, and respect to you for being able to express yourself in this way.

I am very sorry for your loss. Very lovely piece and emotional, specially the mayor part with the high strings.

Beautiful piece.
Very sorry for your loss!

If I were to make a suggestion, would have loved to hear a solo violin moment right before the major section toward the end. It would make it a bit more intimate before the 'resolution' and the 'light' of the major chords. Regardless, well done!

This serenade is so beautiful. I had goose bumps when I heard it.
I could not stop my tears running.

When I saw Annemarie's photo at Soundcloud and I heard this emotional serenade, I had to cry.
I am very, very sorry for your loss.

It is a long time ago that I had been so deeply moved.

My sincere condolences. It is not easy losing a parent. But if I could offer some advice remember the good times as much as possible and tribute part of your life in their memory can be very rewarding and therapeutic for example volunteering a week or cooking for the homeless, if that was something that they cherished as well. Including your children in these activities can also add to the benefits. If you ever need to discuss anything feel free to shoot me a PM anytime.

Beautiful composition @E.Heart – genuine and authentic. My sincere condolences for your loss. Thank you for sharing your beautiful tribute with us.

A wonderful tribute, my condolences on your loss. I think you have achieved your goals with grace and beauty and I think it's a most fitting, simple, peaceful and quite lovely harmonic progression and a poignant reflection. What a powerful force music is at such moments, and respect to you for being able to express yourself in this way.

Thanks Chris. Somestimes music can communciate one's feelings better than words...

This serenade is so beautiful. I had goose bumps when I heard it.
I could not stop my tears running.

When I saw Annemarie's photo at Soundcloud and I heard this emotional serenade, I had to cry.
I am very, very sorry for your loss.

It is a long time ago that I had been so deeply moved.

Thanks Lucky909091. I had tears in my eyes when I composed it. Perhaps those tears transferred somehow into the music.

My mother Annemarie died on July 6th, 2017. I composed this Serenade for Strings for her, which was played at her funeral. It expresses the emotions I felt when faced with this final goodbye. This music also tries to express the silence and beauty which is beyond life and death. It begins in a minor key but ends in a major key and fades out until there is only silence left. The style is classical romantic. Only had a few days to compose it and will keep working on it and polishing it. Feedback and remarks are welcome...

Sorry for your loss, and thank you for inviting us into your memories and tribute to her. (My own mother passed a few days before last Christmas).

I feel the music carves a space for reflection and gratitude, beyond words, a connection at the soul level. So beautifully done... I hear something that immediately "pulls me in" at 1:20, that little passage is rich in emotions and meaning. I kept going back to it.

Blessings,

Andre

I am very sorry for your loss, but you wrote an absolutely beautiful tribute. I am touched by every second of it and thank you for sharing such a close thing and take care.

So sorry for your loss. A very honest piece which captures the sorrow and heart break painfully well. Thank you for sharing this. My thoughts are very much with you.

Top Bottom