What's new

My entry for Bunker Samples competition with the $1 Try-Pack

I was lucky enough to see them live in London with Britten Sinfonia, one of the great live performances I've had the pleasure of attending, and the recording made 3 months later in Oslo is a superb chronicle of a moment in time.
They are, for me at least, a band that better represents themselves live than in the studio, with Live At Cosmopolite being a personal favourite amongst live DVD's.
The only studio album that's ever struck a chord with me is What We Must, but oh what a chord that is! Oslo Skyline is guaranteed to raise goosebumps and an adrenalin rush, while I can think of few other albums that can energise like that but also instrumentally emote like Swedenborgske Rom and I Have A Ghost, Now What?
Just realised that the release of Pyramid completely passed me by, so time to see if they can recreate their live excellence in the studio.

I was lucky enough to see them live in London with Britten Sinfonia, one of the great live performances I've had the pleasure of attending, and the recording made 3 months later in Oslo is a superb chronicle of a moment in time.
They are, for me at least, a band that better represents themselves live than in the studio, with Live At Cosmopolite being a personal favourite amongst live DVD's.
The only studio album that's ever struck a chord with me is What We Must, but oh what a chord that is! Oslo Skyline is guaranteed to raise goosebumps and an adrenalin rush, while I can think of few other albums that can energise like that but also instrumentally emote like Swedenborgske Rom and I Have A Ghost, Now What?
Just realised that the release of Pyramid completely passed me by, so time to see if they can recreate their live excellence in the studio.
That breakdown in Oslo Skyline will forever be etched into my scalp. And yes What We Must is one of my favourite albums of theirs!

Because gorgeous close-up recordings of a cello take time and dedication?
Funny you mentioned that, I just finished that cello session today. 6 weeks behind schedule because of booking/scheduling difficulties, but very pleased with the result. Finished product should be ready in record time, because all the scripting, GUI and other infrastructure is already in place.

Funny you mentioned that, I just finished that cello session today. 6 weeks behind schedule because of booking/scheduling difficulties, but very pleased with the result. Finished product should be ready in record time, because all the scripting, GUI and other infrastructure is already in place.
Nicolaj, my heart just jumped. Iremia is right up there with some of the most beautiful sampled instruments ever created, and as much as I love the viola (and ESPECIALLY violists!), I think the cello may be my favourite string instrument. I have been patiently looking forward to your solo cello and am 100% confident it’ll quietly knock me off my socks.

I was gonna keep the Iremia name, just swap out viola for cello, to show that it's a series that interlocks with identical concept and articulations, but's actually that's not a bad name!
The name is cool, but my marketing instincts are non-existent and you should likely ignore any ideas of mine in that realm ;)

Top Bottom