What's new

Musio 1 problems?! (No connection, instruments not showing etc')

wadamski9

Hey everyone!
So i played around with Musio for a few weeks and decided to go ahead and get it.
I got a big project scoring a film and said to myself i'll do this project with musio.
But I've spent hours today fixing problems with the VST all the time! My workflow is completely damaged and i feel I can't trust this VST.
The problems are:

- I decided to load each instrument on its designated track. I built a template and got to work, but later when i get to different tracks the instrument is disappeared or it shows but dose not play.
- It shows connection is lost, but i know my wifi is fine and nothing wrong with it.
- Some instrument switch articulation for no reason (yes I checked and I'm not on keyswich mode).

I wrote sopurt but didn't get an answer. I'm really don't know what to do. Have other musio users have these problems? is this common? I can't afford to have to deal with this stupid tech issues.

Thanks!

I ran into that yesterday in Logic but haven’t had a chance to check it today. I opened up the standalone and it was fine there.

Ya, sorry didnt mention I'm also in logic.
what do u mean in the stanalone?
I'm just scared i can't trust Musio to continue this big project i have now :/
Super disappointing.

Standalone doesn't work on my mac. Can't find where to point it at my controller. I've experienced anomalies as well such as loading an instrument, and nothing sounds, necessitating re-loading the instrument. But once it sounds, it stays sounding.

Musio was working fine last time I opened it. Today it asked me to log in to use it. I don't want to have to log in again before using an instrument. Then it wouldn't load any instruments and didn't say why. I noticed an update was available for the Musio app, so I ran that to see if it would fix it. Re-started Musio.

This time instead of saying it couldn't load the instruments, it said it wouldn't work because of an incompatible version of Musio Connect. So I downloaded the update file for Musio Connect and it turned out to be identical to the update file for Musio that I had just installed. So I tried what the Musio installer calls a clean install - which said it would delete all Musio files except downloaded samples. Did that, restarted Musio again.

It came up looking like all the samples were deleted, because all instruments show the download button as red, as if it still needs to be done, just like before I had downloaded any samples. Thankfully that's not the case, and loading the instrument updates the display to show it as downloaded.

But being stopped from using what I already have until I update the software is not the experience I want from a virtual instrument library.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!
So i played around with Musio for a few weeks and decided to go ahead and get it.
I got a big project scoring a film and said to myself i'll do this project with musio.
But I've spent hours today fixing problems with the VST all the time! My workflow is completely damaged and i feel I can't trust this VST.
The problems are:

- I decided to load each instrument on its designated track. I built a template and got to work, but later when i get to different tracks the instrument is disappeared or it shows but dose not play.
- It shows connection is lost, but i know my wifi is fine and nothing wrong with it.
- Some instrument switch articulation for no reason (yes I checked and I'm not on keyswich mode).

I wrote sopurt but didn't get an answer. I'm really don't know what to do. Have other musio users have these problems? is this common? I can't afford to have to deal with this stupid tech issues.

Thanks!
You should check and make sure Musio Connect didn't silently quit/crash on you. Once in a while I'll quit Logic, and for whatever reason Musio Connect silently quits. If you relaunch Musio Connect (*even if your session is already open) all of your instruments will restore themselves once Musio Connect is launched.

Hey everyone!
The problems are:

Thanks!

Hey there, sorry to hear about these tech issues you're having! I was able to find your Support Ticket thread and it looks like we received your first message at 2:05 am Thursday morning (in LA) and responded about 10 hours later at 12:11pm -- the last message on Friday morning recommended updating to the latest version of Musio 1.27.1 via the User Portal, were you able to give this a try? Are these issues persisting after the update?

If you're still having trouble, please use the in-app Submit Feedback feature (from the main menu) and check the Include Logs box so our Dev Team can take a look at what's going on with these loading issues. I know it's super frustrating to deal with technical issues when starting a big new project, and we want to do everything we can to help you get up and running!

You should check and make sure Musio Connect didn't silently quit/crash on you. Once in a while I'll quit Logic, and for whatever reason Musio Connect silently quits. If you relaunch Musio Connect (*even if your session is already open) all of your instruments will restore themselves once Musio Connect is launched.
There is an option for this! In the Settings panel of Musio Connect, disable the option to "Only Run Musio Connect When Needed." This feature automatically closes Musio Connect one minute after the last instance of Musio closes (standalone or in a DAW project), for those who want to avoid having background tasks running. I personally keep Musio Connect running at all times so I can open sessions whenever I want.

I'll take the opportunity to say that Musio Connect is not the web service, it's the background app that manages downloads and settings across instances of Musio; it does not require internet connectivity to run, and whenever you run into a "Connecting to Musio Connect" issue it usually indicates that the background app has stopped running, and you can relaunch it from the Spotlight search to try again. Hope this helps!

I seem to be having more issues with instruments not sounding after the last update. Also, Musio forgets my midi controller. Any reason I shouldn't roll back the version?

Top Bottom