What's new

Music from Shōgun on Hulu.

Epic Wonder

I have started watching “Shōgun” on Hulu. I noticed that there are three composers for the show. Has anyone else checked this show out? I like the music from the show, although I am not sure how authentic it is to 1600s Japan.

The composers are Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross, and Nick Chuba. What else has they composed and produced?

I like it, it’s like an ambient, drone heavy score made with traditional Japanese instrumentation, it’s definitely not like The Last Samurai, but it’s good in its own way. I haven’t watched the show but I’ve heard unanimous praise for it and I love the setting, so I might give it a watch eventually

It's a great score, not super thematic, but show doesn't necessarily call for that. It works quite well to picture though, and sounds expensive, in much the same way as the show.

It looks like Atticus Ross (who works w Trent Reznor a lot) and Leopold Ross, his brother, and the third credited composer seems to be a longtime additional composer / member of their team.

Amazing show with a soundtrack that seems more atmospheric than traditional. Really hope they consider pushing beyond the bounds of the book for a few more seasons.

Top Bottom