What's new

Music for children's TV shows?

I had one recurring children's gig where I was encouraged to not only use the stock Kontakt libraries, but to even make them dry!

Interesting! The producers specifically requested Kontakt Factory Library? Do you know why this is?

Interesting! The producers specifically requested Kontakt Factory Library? Do you know why this is?
No, it’s not like they actually know specific products. We just kept landing on faker and faker stuff and all those were what they responded to best.

No, it’s not like they actually know specific products. We just kept landing on faker and faker stuff and all those were what they responded to best.

That's interesting. I wonder if this is just the result of conditioning. Centuries of underfunded children's tv show music, and suddenly the "cheap sound" is associated with children's music?:cautious::rofl:

That's interesting. I wonder if this is just the result of conditioning. Centuries of underfunded children's tv show music, and suddenly the "cheap sound" is associated with children's music?:cautious::rofl:
I suppose so, but I think it's less negative than that...the animation style of this stuff tends to be very flat and bright, and that sound just works. Realistic orchestra ends up feeling very contrived and too dramatic.

That said, Mutt & Stuff was live action, so our mockups were quite realistic and we recorded a fair amount of soloists. Just depends on the gig.

I suppose so, but I think it's less negative than that...the animation style of this stuff tends to be very flat and bright, and that sound just works. Realistic orchestra ends up feeling very contrived and too dramatic.

That said, Mutt & Stuff was live action, so our mockups were quite realistic and we recorded a fair amount of soloists. Just depends on the gig.

Could you post a link to that? Would love to hear that:)

I´m new here, but have been working with music all my life. I did a Norwegian kid show, "Elias, the little Rescue Boat" a while ago. 99 short tv-episodes and 3 feature films. On the films I got to use an orchestra, the tv stuff was all samples. I found a clip from the first film, music starts at 1.30

Top Bottom