What's new

Music Comes in Waves

csscp

Greetings everyone!

I'm Taha. I was primarily a guitarist but dealing with a health issue that has taken away my guitar skills has made me a generalist musician instead. I'm trying to rekindle my passion for music nowadays and I'm on the hunt for tools, knowledge, pieces of wisdom, etc. that will help me be a full-fledged (but desk dwelling, lol) musician. Being a lurker of sorts I have already learned a lot from the good people on this forum. Looking forward to learning and sharing more, cheers!

Hi Taha, sorry to hear about your health issue; I've had a somewhat similar experience myself. I'm new here as well but I suppose I can still say welcome. I hope you find a way to do something with music that satisfies you.

Greetings everyone!

I'm Taha. I was primarily a guitarist but dealing with a health issue that has taken away my guitar skills has made me a generalist musician instead. I'm trying to rekindle my passion for music nowadays and I'm on the hunt for tools, knowledge, pieces of wisdom, etc. that will help me be a full-fledged (but desk dwelling, lol) musician. Being a lurker of sorts I have already learned a lot from the good people on this forum. Looking forward to learning and sharing more, cheers!
Welcome aboard

Similar situation here for me - played guitar forever then had shoulder surgery, then a couple of years later, bicep tendon surgery - now, I can only play guitar for about 15 minutes at a stretch so, for the past couple of years, I have expanded my musical repertoire by composing using VST's

Although there is no tactile feel to creating by drawing MIDI on a piano roll, the same joy is there that comes with creating

Welcome aboard

Similar situation here for me - played guitar forever then had shoulder surgery, then a couple of years later, bicep tendon surgery - now, I can only play guitar for about 15 minutes at a stretch so, for the past couple of years, I have expanded my musical repertoire by composing using VST's

Although there is no tactile feel to creating by drawing MIDI on a piano roll, the same joy is there that comes with creating
Sorry for your troubles, @DSKcomposer. However, as you said, music has so many forms - I thank the universe for that - and all these forms are so easily accessible nowadays. My wallet could have a say in that accessibility part, though, lol.

Top Bottom