What's new

Monogram CC just arrived

I caved and bought this during the free slider sale - just received it. Overall, the build quality has impressed me - and most importantly for me, the slider length is longer than I thought. It is the same length as the NakedBoard MC-8 that I have (so, longer than the Nanokontrol2 thankfully). The resistance on the sliders is very good and very conducive to MIDI expression control. I will likely switch out the fader caps though.

I have the orbiter - trying to figure out the best application of it. So far I have it set to Transport 1+/- Bar in Cubase to quickly seek through the track. Another option would be vertical zoom.

It won't replace Metagrid totally, but I can have it do some similar stuff (like using the buttons to change between some articulations - though you're limited to how many button modules you have. Wish there was a way to use two to endlessly go up and down the keyboard, similar to the next / previous profile functionality).

My module screen doesn't turn off after 20 seconds, so I've emailed them about that to see what's up (despite the latest firmware which was supposed to address that). Let's see how good their tech support is.

For pure DAW use, I'm not sure it is worth more to me than the MC-8, but the real value of this lies in the multi-program support and customization (a setup for Logic, Cubase, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc).

Are you able to change the fader caps out on the faders? Heard they were stiff and the default caps make it much harder to use for CC control then (SL Mixface also has this issue).
Reply to older question but I just got the Studio Kit with free fader module today, still in setup mode, but the Monogram faders are SOOOO NICE vs the MixFace. MixFace are shorter, need the caps replaced and feel a little gritty. Monogram's are smooth, the perfect slight resistance and 60mm travel. Oddly enough I'm using the faders for CTA mic settings since I move those a lot. I have a Sparrow 100mm 3-fader unit for expression. I really like 100mm, but if all I had was the Monogram 60's, I'd be perfectly fine. The main module and the faders will definitely be my laptop kit if I travel. Honestly, if Christian Henson is happy with them in this great new redesign, most anybody should be, lol.

Last edited:
I caved and bought this during the free slider sale - just received it. Overall, the build quality has impressed me - and most importantly for me, the slider length is longer than I thought. It is the same length as the NakedBoard MC-8 that I have (so, longer than the Nanokontrol2 thankfully). The resistance on the sliders is very good and very conducive to MIDI expression control. I will likely switch out the fader caps though.

I have the orbiter - trying to figure out the best application of it. So far I have it set to Transport 1+/- Bar in Cubase to quickly seek through the track. Another option would be vertical zoom.
Whoops! I should have waited the read the end before posting the last reply, lol. Got mine today, same set, as well. Faders are really nice, I agree.

I'm using the StreamDeck for all Cubase functions (Transport, track zoom, GoTo Locators, etc), and the Monogram for Library and track control. I want to see if I can use the big Orbiter to move the playhead back and forth when trying to zero it in.

While waiting for the shipment from Hong Kong, I brainstormed on control assignment. I'm starting with this... it may change, maybe, but hopefully it'll spark an idea for someone planning out their world:

Monogram CC just arrived

Reply to older question but I just got the Studio Kit with free fader module today, still in setup mode, but the Monogram faders are SOOOO NICE vs the MixFace. MixFace are shorter, need the caps replaced and feel a little gritty. Monogram's are smooth, the perfect slight resistance and 60mm travel. Oddly enough I'm using the faders for CTO mic settings since I move those a lot. I have a Sparrow 100mm 3-fader unit for expression. I really like 100mm, but if all I had was the Monogram 60's, I'd be perfectly fine. The main module and the faders will definitely be my laptop kit if I travel. Honestly, if Christian Henson is happy with them in this great new redesign, most anybody should be, lol.
I agree that the Mixface faders have much too much resistance for instrument expression IMO - that's why I preferred the Nakedboards MC-8. The Monogram CC faders are excellent in that respect.

The orbiter's outer ring is pretty nice to use, very smooth. I think the inner ring is a little fiddly though, so TBD if I assign it to anything or leave it unassigned.

They did also just release a new software and firmware update on November 3rd, so it is nice to see they are continuing to work on things and refining the product.

I agree that the Mixface faders have much too much resistance for instrument expression IMO - that's why I preferred the Nakedboards MC-8. The Monogram CC faders are excellent in that respect.

The orbiter's outer ring is pretty nice to use, very smooth. I think the inner ring is a little fiddly though, so TBD if I assign it to anything or leave it unassigned.

They did also just release a new software and firmware update on November 3rd, so it is nice to see they are continuing to work on things and refining the product.
I did do that firmware upgrade a little while ago. It failed the first time, but I was plugged into a USB hub. Once I moved the main module to a real USB port, it completed fine. About to start assigning stuff as soon as I send this, we'll see what happens!

After using this for about a week so far, I think this is VERY good (which I am surprised about because I was a doubter). Works remarkably well, amazing to have custom profiles quickly available, hardware feels quite well made (outside of a little light bleed). If you do more than music on your computer or use multiple DAWs, I would highly recommend this.

I have also got the Traveler Console - it is great.
The faders have a very smooth operation, very good for controlling CC's.

However, I find the caps to be a bit too slippery, I am thinking of putting something abrasive on top of them, not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

I am not going the Amazon caps route as I dislike the way they fit (stand too high).

I have also got the Traveler Console - it is great.
The faders have a very smooth operation, very good for controlling CC's.

However, I find the caps to be a bit too slippery, I am thinking of putting something abrasive on top of them, not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

I am not going the Amazon caps route as I dislike the way they fit (stand too high).
I used replacement caps from Amazon on the SL Mixface. You can find decent ones but yes their fader caps will generally sit high. Might have to look at replacement caps for a particular interface you already like but TBD if their fader hardware is the same dimension as Monogram. Or maybe some grippy rubber you can stick on the top of these. I don’t find them slippery though in relation to the resistance of the movement.

My son loves his set for Xmas last but he now wants a couple of extra bits and we are waiting for their next larger-scale sale as the constant 15% off doesn't even get rid of the high postage costs especially when the units are not cheap when bought separately and then we have to factor in the import costs from the Post Office which are unknown until it actually arrives (another 20-30%).
I think they had a 30% off once or maybe it was 25% and that helps big time ... now the trouble is the dwindling UK£ and not a good time to invest in USD products nor Euro I guess .. we seem to be floating away and will soon be forgotten.

Two questions for anyone who regularly uses the slider module:

- Is it possible to change the fader caps on the slider module?
- Is the slider module bankable (i.e. can you switch banks using the core module)?

Top Bottom