What's new

"Molly" - My SWC080 Funk Entry

Mix Challenge Songwriting Competition SWC080. "Scaffold" theme.

As main constructors I used the old-and-true L-C-R panning technique to build three drum sets that each play a distinct rhythmic role when the track switches between 4/4, 6/8, and 7/8. The accompanying instruments are also assigned to the above panning matrix to strengthen the scaffolding elements’ positioning, and the percussion serves as a “universal” rhythmic glue. The melody is written in, and the EWI-like solo is improvised in the pentatonic scale to further convey the sense of development from basic building blocks of scales and harmony to something more complex, and the form is mainly A-B-A in analog to the L-C-R panning. “Molly” is perhaps the colorful element of the track, insofar as the beautiful melody feels sassy and playful in contrast to the otherwise “completely serious and down-to-earth” construction environment.

Enjoy!

Mix Challenge Songwriting Competition SWC080. "Scaffold" theme.

As main constructors I used the old-and-true L-C-R panning technique to build three drum sets that each play a distinct rhythmic role when the track switches between 4/4, 6/8, and 7/8. The accompanying instruments are also assigned to the above panning matrix to strengthen the scaffolding elements’ positioning, and the percussion serves as a “universal” rhythmic glue. The melody is written in, and the EWI-like solo is improvised in the pentatonic scale to further convey the sense of development from basic building blocks of scales and harmony to something more complex, and the form is mainly A-B-A in analog to the L-C-R panning. “Molly” is perhaps the colorful element of the track, insofar as the beautiful melody feels sassy and playful in contrast to the otherwise “completely serious and down-to-earth” construction environment.

Enjoy!

Great track, vintage vibes - very well done! I really like the clarity of the arrangement, instrument selection, and mix.

Top Bottom