What's new

Mix The Music - Junkie XL, Harry Gregson-Williams, Daniel Pemberton

Levon

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this has been mentioned here previously but I've just come across "Mix The Music" which looks very interesting in terms of understanding how tracks are built up and trying out my own mixing skills on them.

Here is their marketing blurb... "Mix The Music is a multitrack download store. Multitracks contain audio stems – drums, guitar, vocal, etc – from which your favorite music was made. Whether you're a fan, or working on your music production skills, it's a whole new way to explore the music you love. Multitracks purchased from Mix The Music can be opened in the award-winning Studio One mixing software, provided for free when you create an account. Everything is pre-mixed and ready for you to dive in, so you don’t need a background in mixing music."

There are currently a few tracks available from Junkie XL, Harry Gregson-Williams and Daniel Pemberton.

I haven't downloaded any tracks yet so I can't comment on how good it really is.

Cheers,
Levon

Wow this seems pretty great. Must be a partnership with Presonus to ensure security of these otherwise the labels would’ve never let them be sold.

They give you a free copy of Studio One to play. (Can't export audio and build a JXL sample library though.) I played with JXL Spikey Cars tonight and it's amazing. So much more useful than looking at the score for a modern hybrid score. So many layers! 44.1 sessions and I heard some digital distortion, so the files seem compressed.

Top Bottom