What's new

Lower pricing for Symphobia Series, 1.51 Update & New Packs!

ProjectSAM

Hi all,

We have three bits of exciting news for you!

Lower Pricing for Symphobia Series

Starting today, we have lowered pricing of the entire Symphobia Series!
Symphobia 1: €499 / $579 (€100 / $120 off)
Symphobia 2: €499 / $579 (€100 / $120 off)
Symphobia 3 Lumina: €499 / $579 (€100 / $120 off)

The Symphobia Packs are now priced as follows:
Symphobia Duo Pack: €899 / $1049 (your choice which two)
Symphobia Trio Pack: €1249 / $1449

All € prices exclude VAT. Only EU citizens without a company VAT number pay 21% VAT.

(broken link removed)

Symphobia 1/2/3 1.51 Update - CC control!

We also just released another update for all 3 Symphobia volumes. By popular demand, version 1.51 adds full CC control over dynamics and expression and is now available as a free update for all registered Symphobia users. Simply right-click the dynamic control, now displayed in the main interface, and 'learn' it to any CC you wish. You can do the same with expression volume on the settings tab.

https://www.projectsam.com/my-account

New & Lovable Packs

We have added 3 new download-only Pack Deals to our website:

Versatility Pack: €549 / $649 – Orchestral Essentials 1 + Swing!
Be ready to compose for any project coming your way. Get the perfect all-rounder pack, whether you compose for film, games or advertising.

Symphonic Pack: €599 / $699 – Symphobia 1 + True Strike 1
The acclaimed sounds of Symphobia 1 combined with the epic orchestral percussion of True Strike 1 at an unbeatable price.

Fantasy Pack: €649 / $749 – Symphobia 3 Lumina + Orchestrator + Concert Harp
Our most fantastical sounds bundled together: the magic of Symphobia 3 Lumina, the lush legato chords of Orchestrator and the intimate tone of our Concert Harp.

The Creative Pack, bundling all 3 Symphobia volumes, Swing!, Animator & Orchestrator, is now priced €1699 / $1999.

For more details visit (broken link removed).

Thanks for reading! Let us know if anything is unclear.

The SAM Team
www.projectsam.com

Thank you very much. But a quick question. Are the new updates also still NKS compatible instruments, or is there a separate download for those files? I have really enjoyed and appreciated the fact that you added NKS support. You are way ahead of most other developers with that as well, and that is impressive. It's really an added bonus to some already superb libraries.

Are the new updates also still NKS compatible instruments, or is there a separate download for those files?

NKS support was added in version 1.5. This is 1.51, an update on 1.5, so NKS support is definitely still there! The instruments are the same, but the scripting has been updated, as well as some new graphics.

We're currently working on NKS support for Swing! and the Orchestral Essentials Series, by the way.

Enjoy!

The voucher received todqy was a nice touch but I would have preferred to have waited and got the symphonic pack!

NKS support was added in version 1.5. This is 1.51, an update on 1.5, so NKS support is definitely still there! The instruments are the same, but the scripting has been updated, as well as some new graphics.

We're currently working on NKS support for Swing! and the Orchestral Essentials Series, by the way.

Enjoy!
Excellent! Great news; thanks so much.

And just an install tip for the Symphobia updates. As well as reloading the libraries in Kontakt, you may also wish to batch resave all three and choose the correct Samples folder or you may get 'missing samples' errors.

And just an install tip for the Symphobia updates. As well as reloading the libraries in Kontakt, you may also wish to batch resave all three and choose the correct Samples folder or you may get 'missing samples' errors.

Not quite sure what that means...Could I ask ?

Hi there. Just some additional info:

Batch-resaving after using our updater app should normally not be necessary. We didn't change the relative file paths, so everything should still be (expected) in the same spot.

However: our updater moves your old Instruments and Multis into a folder called Backup, placed next to the official Instruments and Multis folders. That's a different relative location, so if you ever need to load a file from the Backup folder, Kontakt will indeed ask you to locate 'missing samples'. A batch-resave on the Backup folder fixes this.

Then there's one more thing worth noting - there are 2 versions of Symphobia 1 out there: versions with an uncompressed audio pool (installed before Kontakt supported NCW) and versions with a compressed audio pool (installed after). These versions require a different set of NKI files, because not only the sample name has to match, the file extension has to as well (being either .wav or .ncw). Our updater app includes both NKI sets and installs the right one, based on the size of your Symphobia 1 folder. There have been cases where the updater installed the wrong NKI set, for example if there was other data in the Symphobia folder, changing the folder size. In this case, a batch-resave is indeed the quickest fix. Make sure you tick the 'allow alternative filetypes' box in the batch-resave dialog.

That's it!

Actually, after applying the updates, when I began the batch resave process (with each of the three libraries) I received a "missing files" message, and the path had defaulted to the Backup folder. All that was required was to then point Kontakt to the main Samples folder and the batch resave then proceeded as it should. So I suggest, in some instances here, it may indeed be necessary, especially if someone has been updating these libraries since purchasing the original releases years ago. Thus my post above.
May I also mention, that even if batch resaving isn't 'required' on occasion, it's still a good habit to do it anyway with every new, large library one purchases and, yes, after most updates as well. In fact many developers include a reminder in their update instructions. Many libraries DO require batch resaving or loading times suffer, but I'm happy to note that sometimes PS ones do not. I tend to err on the side of caution and do it anyway. It only takes a few minutes. Cheers.

Last edited:
Thinking about buying Symphobia 2. I already own Symphobia 1 and 3 + both Orchestral Essentials 1+2 which I use constantly. Is it worth for the orchestral fx and legato ensembles?

Thinking about buying Symphobia 2. I already own Symphobia 1 and 3 + both Orchestral Essentials 1+2 which I use constantly. Is it worth for the orchestral fx and legato ensembles?
Not sure anyone can decide for you whether it's 'worth it' or not...that's really up to you to decide. :) And to be candid, I'm not sure it would be wise to make a decision based on someone else's opinion. Your decision is made more complicated though by the fact that you already own so many related products, so I think you are wise to want to make an informed decision. Anyway, having said all that, I can assure you, that IMHO, Symphobia 2 is well worth owning, is not simply a revision of S1 and, if you like the first Symphobia, I expect you'll find lots in S2 to like as well. The versions do compliment each other, and the price should also making it tempting for many.

Top Bottom