What's new

Looking for help, EastWest sound library can't be read and downloaded

Albsi

Help, all EastWest sounds won't load after reinstalling the system!

This problem has been bothering me for half a month, after reinstalling the system, all EastWest sound libraries can not be loaded, and Opus can only recognize part of the sound libraries, and load the sound prompts "There is no license for this product. Key file not found", I activated it again in iLok, but it still doesn't work. In the past, after installing EW Installation Center and specifying the path to the library, a window will pop up when I open the Opus player to update the sounds, but now it doesn't work at all.

The official website told me that after deleting C:\ProgramData\East West\Catalog, Opus will pop up a window to update the sounds (it used to do it every time I opened it), but now there is no Catalog to download when I open Opus, and I used VPN, but the problem still exists after I turn it off.

EastWest Spaces II works fine.

Update: I took my computer to a new environment today. I tested turning off all firewalls and turning the VPN on and off but unfortunately no download speeds. Yesterday I contacted the EW reseller who discovered that I was missing the Products and ProductChunks files in my C:\ProgramData\East West folder. He packaged one up and sent it to me. Now I can load and read some sound libraries, but the Hollywood series has no reverb and the Hollywood Fantasy series doesn't work.

I searched the internet for solutions, but they had a different problem than mine. I can't connect to the server, even in a new network environment. I use EW products for almost all my project files and now I can't get it to work at all. Please help me find a solution. Whether I turn the VPN off or on, I can't download or update anything (I'm worried that the VPN is tampering with my network settings, so I've reinstalled my system again) Here for help.

I am attaching some screenshots

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    776.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.png
    2.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.png
    3.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.png
    4.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 5
Where did you install the Opus.vst3 ?
This file HAS TO BE INSTALLED HERE : C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
no other directory will work, junction links will not work either the file must be in this directory.
Using another directory will cause opus to be unable to find any licenses.

Last edited:
Where did you install the Opus.vst3 ?
This file HAS TO BE INSTALLED HERE : C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
no other directory will work, junction links will not work either the file must be in this directory
I can recognize Opus in Cubase

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 3
I downloaded VOICES OF THE EMPIRE all day yesterday, and it's still at 0%, the first installer VOE_Doc downloads quickly, but the second one (VOE_DL01_102) doesn't download at all at any rate

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
I can recognize Opus in Cubase
that doesnt matter this concerns only being able to find the licence, just check where it is installed. This isnt a guess, I previously had this problem and together with support we figured this out.

edit : I just saw the picture and I see its seems to be in the correct folder, Is that the drive your windows is installed on?
Also make sure that is the only copy of the opus.vst3 on the computer, If cubase is loading a different copy in another location it wont work

Last edited:
that doesnt matter this concerns only being able to find the licence, just check where it is installed. This isnt a guess, I previously had this problem and together with support we figured this out.

edit : I just saw the picture and I see its seems to be in the correct folder, Is that the drive your windows is installed on?
Now it's almost certain that there must be a problem with my network, I can download from the official EastWest website, but I can't download from the EW Installation Center, no download speeds with or without the VPN turned on

and when you tried to download a patch in opus what happens?
This happens when you open EastWest Opus. When I click on it, the download directory page will appear, but it will not download and will disappear completely after a while. At first, I thought it would download in the background, so the computer did not shut down for one day, but on the second I checked the next day and still found nothing.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 3.png
    3.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 4
Yes I contacted them, but they didn't have any good advice, just asked if I had turned off my firewall and if I was using a VPN.

But the problem is that even if I turn off the VPN and reinstall the system to restore all the original settings I still can't download anything from Installation Center or Opus.
Have you contacted Eastwest Support ?
they are usually very helpful

wow -- what a miserable experience.

I am wondering if it's something to do with Windows itself. I often turn off all kinds of things in Windows, but one always risks turning off something that unexpectedly interferes with playback or loading or what have you.

Nevertheless, maybe it's time for you (@Albsi ) to consider updating Windows itself and, if you've turned things off, turn them back on again. I expect you are aware that there are many bits of advice for adjusting Windows to optimise audio computers?

One thing I usually do is to exclude from Windows Defender any drive that holds samples. I doubt that will fix your issue but it can help a lot with playback.

Finally, maybe you should share with the group here more details about your computer and which version of Windows you're using -- that basic information can sometimes twig a solution.

thank you for your reply

This is a very painful period, because I rely heavily on the work of Hollywood Orchestrator and Hollywood Fantasy Orchestrator. The official website just replied to me that they are taking away my InstallationCenter text document and handing it over to the developers for inspection. I hope to get good news.

In addition, my C:\ProgramData\East West\InstallationCenter folder is empty. They said it was because nothing was downloaded.

My system is Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll try it👍👍👍

wow -- what a miserable experience.

I am wondering if it's something to do with Windows itself. I often turn off all kinds of things in Windows, but one always risks turning off something that unexpectedly interferes with playback or loading or what have you.

Nevertheless, maybe it's time for you (@Albsi ) to consider updating Windows itself and, if you've turned things off, turn them back on again. I expect you are aware that there are many bits of advice for adjusting Windows to optimise audio computers?

One thing I usually do is to exclude from Windows Defender any drive that holds samples. I doubt that will fix your issue but it can help a lot with playback.

Finally, maybe you should share with the group here more details about your computer and which version of Windows you're using -- that basic information can sometimes twig a solution.

I was just prompted by Opus that I could update to 1.4.5, and after clicking on download there is no speed, and I can't download anything in Installation Center or Opus, with or without VPN turned on.

Ok a few questions:

1. Do you live in a country under sanctions or some political issue like that?
2. Do you have a very old OS?
3. Is your computer highly customised in a way that could be interfering with network functionality? (like VE Pro changes?)

I've been rebuilding my template and am not having anything like the problems you describe with the EW Installation Center. It's slowwww but that's not what you are describing.

Ok a few questions:

3. Is your computer highly customised in a way that could be interfering with network functionality? (like VE Pro changes?)

I've been rebuilding my template and am not having anything like the problems you describe with the EW Installation Center. It's slowwww but that's not what you are describing.
Thank you for your enthusiasm.

Here’s the email I sent to the official website today, which explains my problem:

'Hello, dear Michael,

Due to the time difference, it might be 2 or 3 o’clock in the morning for you when I am working. I am concerned that I will not be able to answer your questions promptly, so I will try my best to include them here. I can download items from https://www.soundsonline.com, but I am unable to do so in the EW Installation Center. Today, Opus reminded me in the MIDI project that I could update to 1.4.5. However, nothing happened when I clicked to download. I did not find anyone with the same problem as me on vi control. Is the latest version of the EW Installation Center incompatible with my system?

I have sent you a screenshot of the C:\ProgramData\East West folder, could you help me identify any missing files? I urgently need to use EW Hollywood Orchestrator and EW Hollywood Fantasy Orchestrator. The issue with them is that EW Hollywood Fantasy Orchestrator indicates that I cannot use it without a license, and EW Hollywood Orchestrator does not have any reverb. Could you help me resolve these two problems first? Regarding reverb, I must be missing a certain file. The “ImpulseResponseData_v2.ird” sent to me by the agent only works for EW Silk, and Hollywood Orchestrator cannot utilize any reverb, so if possible, please address the issue of my missing file first. Could you please assist me with this if it’s convenient for you?

Especially for the Hollywood series, I really need to get them back to normal so that I can continue my work.'

I have to use a VPN to log in to Google and YouTube, but I used to still be able to use the EW Installation Center and download there even without a VPN. I asked the official EW website if they were blocking my network IP address, and they said they weren’t.

My computer system is the latest version.

Sorry, I’m not sure what VE Pro is.

My problem appeared after reinstalling my system, I never had any problem before, but one thing that concerns me is that my VPN software can change the IP address, for example switching my network to USA or Japan. I’m wondering if there is some risk detected by EW because I changed my IP address so they blocked me from downloading, I’m not sure.

I haven’t found anything I can’t download except EW Installation Center.

This is another email content

Hello Michael

Please ask the developer to help me carefully check what went wrong. Please, I have not done any illegal operations or modified any files. I don’t know why I can’t download it.

I originally planned to buy The Dark Side, but I'm worried that I still can't download it after buying it. Please help me solve it as soon as possible so that I can happily buy and use The Dark Side.

😭😭😭
Ok a few questions:

Sorry I just checked, by VE Pro do you mean Vienna Symphonic Library? I have not purchased a Vienna product.

After I reinstalled my system I installed Cubase first, then EW Installation Center-1.4.15, and I can't think of any software that would conflict with an EW product
Ok a few questions:

Can you go to a webpage and download something?
Do a download speed test.

Something is blocking this app. If it's network type stuff it's usually a rocket science to solve.

I have an issue with Izo's Product Portsl on one machine. It tells me this is awkward but no error. It's on a wireless connection and when I download something it's usually 8mb/s. But a speed test doesn't reveal that. i can only assume the app doesn't work because of the connection.

Top Bottom