What's new

Looking for good Yamaha C7 samples

If i use the Yamaha C7, it's always in a context where i like a rather "processed" sound.
(Otherwise it's mostly Ivory's American Grand or a recorded real piano).

And Ivory's C7 is really easy to tweak to one's needs.
You can apply EQs, Comps, Saturation etc.

I find the German Clean to give me a great baseline sound.

Thank you for this and for the video! Very nice! Once I bought a piano library with true pedal-down samples. It was a disappointment to find out that the pedal should always be used before a key is pressed. I'm glad these guys got it right.

If possible, could you answer another question regarding this library? How useable are these 12 velocity layers for legato lines in classical context? Is it enough? 20 layers from one library are not enough, while "only" 17 layers from another library with clever equalization at the transitions between the layers are very good.:confused:
The Production Grand was sampled using a Yamaha C7 with a MIDI controlled player system fitted (Disklavier I think), which allowed for very consistent velocity sampling, which in turn makes it a very 'playable' sampled piano, with no notes that unexpectedly 'jump out' at you in volume or tone difference. The 12 layers blend really well, and I never feel like I'm missing dynamic range for the music I create with it (which although not often classical in nature, can be very dynamic). If programmed well, 12 accurate velocity samples (or maybe 8 with true 2 x round robins) allow for a huge range of expression & dynamics.

I'd suggest waiting for the soon to be released Production Voices Steinway Model D. From what I've read it will have more velocity layers (over 20?) and I'd imagine the same pristine-quality recording and great programming as the Production Grand.

Yep, it’s UVI, like all AcousticSamples libs. I’m wondering whether to go for it myself. Lots of C7s in here already (ProductionVoices, ImpactSoundworks, Spectrasonics, Sampletekk, UVI and those I forget).

I have a few pianos, but this one has a beautiful tone across the board from what I heard. Clean without bring sterile, it has warmth and beauty (listening to the demos).

I'll have to check UVI now, another learning curve isn't what I was looking for, but this piano, at that price? Hmmm...

I have a few pianos, but this one has a beautiful tone across the board from what I heard. Clean without bring sterile, it has warmth and beauty (listening to the demos).

I'll have to check UVI now, another learning curve isn't what I was looking for, but this piano, at that price? Hmmm...
I've owned it for 18 months or so, and it's a very well sampled & programmed C7. At $39 you can't go wrong IMHO. It is on the warm side, and doesn't really 'bite' on the higher velocities like Production Grand's C7 and Sampletekk's 7CG/TBO/TVBO, but it's very enjoyable to play, particularly for Gospel/Blues stuff and has a very convincing recorded tone (not sterile and 'plastic' like some). Check this out - it's what sold me on it. Josh is a mighty fine player:

UVI is just fine. No learning curve and very easy to the eye. Some very fine libraries to be had, like the AcousticSamples acoustic guitars, or the VI Labs pianos, or even the UVI catalog with great tines and synths.

I've owned it for 18 months or so, and it's a very well sampled & programmed C7. At $39 you can't go wrong IMHO. It is on the warm side, and doesn't really 'bite' on the higher velocities like Production Grand's C7 and Sampletekk's 7CG/TBO/TVBO, but it's very enjoyable to play, particularly for Gospel/Blues stuff and has a very convincing recorded tone (not sterile and 'plastic' like some). Check this out - it's what sold me on it. Josh is a mighty fine player:

Thanks, I am drawn to pianos that can stand alone without hiding in a mix, for solo piano composing. I'll def look into UVI.

Cheers,

Andre

The only issue with the UVI free player is that you need an iLok account, although not a dongle. It's never been a problem for me, but many don't like iLok.
Once you get through installation, all you need to do is load the free player (which works in your DAW and standalone) and click on your piano in the browser.

The only issue with the UVI free player is that you need an iLok account, although not a dongle. It's never been a problem for me, but many don't like iLok.
Once you get through installation, all you need to do is load the free player (which works in your DAW and standalone) and click on your piano in the browser.

Thanks for the note, I'm OK with iLok... :)

Top Bottom