What's new

License transfer of MIR Pro, as VST plugin still needs eLicenser

widescreen

The Duke Creates
Has anyone transferred a MIR Pro license after iLok transition?

I'd like to buy a used MIR Pro license. As I read at VSL the VST plugin still needs eLicenser. But the legacy licenses cannot be transferred anymore. How does it actually work? Do I get a new eLicenser license then (besides the iLok license) or does the seller still have to send me his USB key?

Last edited:
Sorry but where did you read this? It would explain why I can't make it work outside Vienna Ensemble since the shift to Ilok.

"Please note that currently only Vienna MIR Pro that’s integrated with Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 can be authorized through iLok. The plug-in version of MIR (i.e., the one that you can instantiate directly in your DAW) is currently not iLok compatible. It needs a ViennaKey/USB eLicenser plugged into the computer you’re using it on. If you purchase Vienna MIR Pro or MIR Pro 24, you will receive a license deposit on your iLok account as well as an Activation Code for the eLicenser Control Center."

Thanks a lot.
This explains the whole conundrum.
And that means apparently that if I want to use both versions of MIR (the version in Vienna Ensemble Pro and the VST version in my DAW) I need to install the venues in both formats. What a waste of SSD space!

Last edited:
MIR 3D, the new version which will replace MIR Pro, will hopefully be released soon. They are working on final touches apparently.

MIR 3D, the new version which will replace MIR Pro, will hopefully be released soon. They are working on final touches apparently.
I know, but the problem is, I cannot believe that I would get it as cheap as I get it privately. ~900€ list price for software+1 room pack is a bunch of money. :unsure:
So I hope for the license transfer to work.

Top Bottom