What's new

Legato Update for Berlin Strings (2024)

Whatever quirks there might be I think BS are awesome - and one thing I really like is that they made legato transitions available for many articulations like portatos, marcatos and different longs, tremolos - this makes those articulations Much more useful for me and realistic - they also made individual legato levels for each articulation so it sounds appropriate! It would be cool to have Vibrato crossfading done out of the box though..!
Here's a little piece I'm writing now with BS only (default spot and tree levels)

View attachment Berlin Strings.mp3
I made a track longer and added Berlin Woodwinds, Berlin Percussion and bits of Berlin Horns at the end. Here there's also a send to 7H for some glue) Love how it all sounds together!:)
View attachment Birds Choir.mp3

I just saw in Native Acces that there were pretty big updates available for the Kontakt versions of all Berlin Series Main Collections (WW, Brass, Percussion and Strings). I started downloading the brass update which is over 12gb in size. Are the Kontakt editions all of a sudden getting the same additions that were added to sine? This would come as a surprise! So, I assume something going wring with Native Access is more likely ...

I just saw in Native Acces that there were pretty big updates available for the Kontakt versions of all Berlin Series Main Collections (WW, Brass, Percussion and Strings). I started downloading the brass update which is over 12gb in size. Are the Kontakt editions all of a sudden getting the same additions that were added to sine? This would come as a surprise! So, I assume something going wring with Native Access is more likely ...
Probably in line with the current NI NKS bundle special on the OT Berlin Series for Kontakt

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/orchestral-tools-offer-2024/

Probably in line with the current NI NKS bundle special on the OT Berlin Series for Kontakt

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/orchestral-tools-offer-2024/
Fascinating! I did not bite on the previous OT BF bundle as I did not want to get the Woodwinds Revive. This Kontakt bundle seems tempting for getting access to the Legacy Woodwinds.

Does OT still provide a Sine serial or is it an additional fee? I remember them giving a free transfer previously during the ARK sale.

Does OT still provide a Sine serial or is it an additional fee? I remember them giving a free transfer previously during the ARK sale.
Additional fee if you buy after the sine version of the library is available. I believe it’s 10% of the regular price.

I had not heard this. Good to know.
Yeah. When I bought the two Ark bundles in an NI sale the serial didn't give me an option to port to SINE. When I emailed OT Support they asked me for my invoice from NI and the licenses were added to my account in SINE. I feel like they confirmed doing this for NI partner sales on Kontakt libraries, but I cannot find the post.

Looking forward to hearing from OT on the update. 12gb seems like a lot just for NKS compatibility!
I think the update sizes shown in NA are nonsense. Berlin Strings and Percussion should both have taken hours to download judging by the sizes of the updates, but were actually done within 3 minutes or so. Berlin Woodwinds seems to be the only one of the three that I have that takes hours to update.

Be careful when updating. Libraries which were previously K6 compatible sometimes becomes K7 compatible.

I don't think that is correct! If my memory serves me well, it was rather up to a certain date that you got the free cross gate to Sine. Now, there will be fees or it is not offered at all.
The key text in my post was here - "if you buy the Kontakt version in an NI sale."

It doesn't apply if you buy the Kontakt version directly from OT. Not sure what applies if you buy via NI outside of a sale.

Hi all...In regards to the NI sale...since I'm not an OT user, what exactly does "strings full" mean? Is it a bundle of string libraries or just the small original ensembles? Also the price NI says is "list" doesn't add up to anything on OT's website...so that's another things that's throwing me off as to what they are selling.
Thanks

I think the update sizes shown in NA are nonsense. Berlin Strings and Percussion should both have taken hours to download judging by the sizes of the updates, but were actually done within 3 minutes or so. Berlin Woodwinds seems to be the only one of the three that I have that takes hours to update.
I also have the feeling there is some nonsense involved here ... my percussion update went though, al other updates take forever. I have the computer on for more the 8 hours and none of the other updates finished since then. Restarting Native Access does not help. Anyone else experiencing such nonsense?

Hi all...In regards to the NI sale...since I'm not an OT user, what exactly does "strings full" mean? Is it a bundle of string libraries or just the small original ensembles? Also the price NI says is "list" doesn't add up to anything on OT's website...so that's another things that's throwing me off as to what they are selling.
Thanks
It's just the "Mains." So, none of the other auxiliary libraries. I think the price difference has to do with NI listing it at an amount they saw fit in USD compared to the EUR price listed on OT's website.

Top Bottom