What's new

Launching BEAM - Interactive Effects Playground

New nodes are on the way! Some will be free updates, some will be paid upgrades (but very affordably priced).
Anybody who has Cube knows how supportive Lunacy Audio is of their customer base. From the start Cube had regular releases of free preset packages. And when Lunacy released paid sets with new samples, there were additional free preset packages that went with them.

So this is going to get better and better as time goes on. More nodes and more free presets. I'm going to get this.

I do appreciate the developers who make beautiful interfaces that are functional. I like that you can just look at this and know what you're doing. This is also true of Cube.

Bought this yesterday. I have to say this is the most impressive effect plugin I’ve bought in a really long time. It’s looking to be one of my all time favorites. The interface initially looks otherworldly but is super simple and logical once you start building your patches and to be honest I’m preferring this UI over many other plugins. I find it refreshingly intuitive. Most importantly, it sounds great. Two huge thumbs up from me!

A few humble requests:

1. CPU optimizations for Apple silicon. It sounds great and you really see why. I’m on a Mac Studio M2 Max and one instance can take up to 50% of one core. It’s definitely usable but I’d like to see further optimizations, if possible.
  2. Additional nodes: Chorus/Modulation and Delay would be nice. Additional filters (comb, Synth inspired). A Algo Rev would also be cool. If properly expanded this could be a one stop go to for any effect you’d need.

Three questions:

1. What does the graphic quality preference do? I changed it to high but didn’t see a difference.
  2. It’s probably me but I couldn’t find a way to resize the window.
  3. Manual?

Overall, it kind of reminds me of my old Eventide H3000SE (which sounded amazing and until now haven’t found anything that had this unique character) and is what I would want in a modern software based version. Kudos!

A few humble requests:
1. CPU optimizations for Apple silicon. It sounds great and you really see why. I’m on a Mac Studio M2 Max and one instance can take up to 50% of one core. It’s definitely usable but I’d like to see further optimizations, if possible.
So glad to hear you're enjoying the plugin!We are still working hard on additional performance optimizations, though it's already among the most performance granular and convolution engines on the market from our testing. When you pair up to 6 of them at once, it can be more CPU-intensive but we have planned optimizations for the next release.

2. Additional nodes: Chorus/Modulation and Delay would be nice. Additional filters (comb, Synth inspired). A Algo Rev would also be cool. If properly expanded this could be a one stop go to for any effect you’d need.
100% agree!

Three questions:
  1. What does the graphic quality preference do? I changed it to high but didn’t see a difference.
The graphics quality changes a couple of things within the plugin. It adjusts the pixel resolution of the 3D scene, which adapts to your computer's performance in Medium and always maxes out your display resolution in High, so you won't notice a difference between those two on a capable graphics card. It also adjust some details like the maximum particle count in the Grains node, especially when there is feedback, and the polygon count of the stream.

1. It’s probably me but I couldn’t find a way to resize the window.
  2. Manual?
The resize window could be a Reaper quirk. There might be a setting in Reaper to allow this?

The manual will be coming in a couple of weeks as well!

Last edited:
I'll admit that I was skeptical at first given that there is only a granulator, a convolution, and a simple filter, and two lfo's. I've got lots of these modules already. But, as they say, the devil is in the details. This is a beautiful plugin. Fine work!

I love everything about this plugin so far. Looks like it would be super fun and inspiring to use and the GUI is just amazing! I just have a few questions still.
Do we have to buy all upcoming nodes to be able to update the plugin or can we just pick the ones we really need? Will the plugin always remain functional even if we don't buy new content?
I don't have a lot of money at the moment and I'm a bit concerned that it might turn into something like a subscription.
Will the base plugin with the three nodes still be available to buy after more nodes are released, or will the base price just go up and include all of the new nodes?

Top Bottom