What's new

Last few hours: On a beach in Vietnam 4 years ago...it's the Bunker Samples birthday sale!!!

thesteelydane

Bunker Samples
This month, 4 years ago, I was sitting on a beach in Vietnam (somewhat against my own wish actually), and getting ready to push "publish" and unleash Bunker Strings Vol. 1 on the world. It had taken much, much longer than I ever imagined to make my first sample library, and apart from a few pre-orders, I had no idea if it would sell anything at all. I had also grossly underestimated how much time it takes to build up infrastructure around a sample business, building a website, a payment and delivery system, pictures, marketing...all that stuff. I was living in Hanoi at the time (still do, most of the year) and I had hoped to get my first product launched before Lunar New Year, which is a BIG THING in Vietnam. My girlfriend had booked a beach holiday in the beautiful ancient town of Hoi An, but as departure day approached, I was still no where ready to launch, but I was desperate to finish what had been 9 months of hard work, and enjoy my holiday, so...I wanted to stay in Hanoi and finish, but my girlfriend said "bring your laptop and work" and so I did. The first day on the beach was spent frantically working, when finally, late at night I pushed launch, leaned back, opened a beer and waited for the sales to roll in. And waited and waited...nothing! I think I had one sale the first day, then nothing at all for the next couple of days. It was a gut punch. That's when I learned that it's not enough to create a thing, if you want to sell it, you have to shout about it to the world. Well, thankfully as I got more involved in the forums and the chatter picked up, the sales started coming. And the rest, as they say, is history. Still here 4 years later, and that I think, is worth celebrating!

So, until February 20th, you can get 35% off everything, even bundles, by using code "bunkerbirthday" at checkout! I hope you find something you like, and thanks for the support over the last 4 years!

And yes, to those who wonder, Bunker Strings was recorded in a bunker in Denmark, Copenhagen. It's a complicated story...

P.S. Incidentally it was on that trip to Hoi An that I bought my first Vietnamese gong. And then I kept buying them and eventually made the free Gongster's Paradise library - which reminds me, it's sister library Gongster Loops still comes free with any purchase!

birthday 2023 banner.jpg

Last edited:
This month, 4 years ago, I was sitting on a beach in Vietnam (somewhat against my own wish actually), and getting ready to push "publish" and unleash Bunker Strings Vol. 1 on the world. It had taken much, much longer than I ever imagined to make my first sample library, and apart from a few pre-orders, I had no idea if it would sell anything at all. I had also grossly underestimated how much time it takes to build up infrastructure around a sample business, building a website, a payment and delivery system, pictures, marketing...all that stuff. I was living in Hanoi at the time (still do, most of the year) and I had hoped to get my first product launched before Lunar New Year, which is a BIG THING in Vietnam. My girlfriend had booked a beach holiday in the beautiful ancient town of Hoi An, but as departure day approached, I was still no where ready to launch, but I was desperate to finish what had been 9 months of hard work, and enjoy my holiday, so...I wanted to stay in Hanoi and finish, but my girlfriend said "bring your laptop and work" and so I did. The first day on the beach was spent frantically working, when finally, late at night I pushed launch, leaned back, opened a beer and waited for the sales to roll in. And waited and waited...nothing! I think I had one sale the first day, then nothing at all for the next couple of days. It was a gut punch. That's when I learned that it's not enough to create a thing, if you want to sell it, you have to shout about it to the world. Well, thankfully as I got more involved in the forums and the chatter picked up, the sales started coming. And the rest, as they say, is history. Still here 4 years later, and that I think, is worth celebrating!

So, until February 20th, you can get 35% off everything, even bundles, by using code "bunkerbirthday" at checkout! I hope you find something you like, and thanks for the support over the last 4 years!

And yes, to those who wonder, Bunker Strings was recorded in a bunker in Denmark, Copenhagen. It's a complicated story...

P.S. Incidentally it was on that trip to Hoi An that I bought my first Vietnamese gong. And then I kept buying them and eventually made the free Gongster's Paradise library - which reminds me, it's sister library Gongster Loops still comes free with any purchase!

birthday 2023 banner.jpg

I recall Hoi An for anything but beaches. Hamburger Hill, DMZ zones BUNKERS and slurping BIA Hanoi in the old town. Lanterns had many colours. Excellent food. Bought a shell on Hamburger Hill which was supposed to be shot by US Military M60. The Hamburger Hill visit included a trip to some location where we could shoot AK-47. The standard gun used by Vietcong. You really had to hold hard that gun, or it cracked your shoulder. Bought Vietcong slippers done from rubber tyres.

Congrats Nikolaj – I can only imagine the amount of work, willpower and persistence it would take to produce a high quality virtual instrument. Cheers to your continued success :)

I enjoyed reading that post! Congratulations. After hearing so much good feedback about your libraries, experiencing your friendly presence on this forum and checking some demos again, I just got the strings bundle, downloading now and looking forward to testing it :) Cheers!

Congratulations Nikolaj on your 4th Anniversary of Bunker Samples!
It’s supposed to go down to 6 degrees Fahrenheit tonight here in NYC, I think sitting on the beach in Vietnam would be a lovely alternative.
I’m looking forward to see what new releases you have in store for us moving forward towards year 5!

Last edited:
Roll up, roll up, get your one and only original aperture! Hear a string articulation go from few to many instruments in just the movement of a mod wheel (before it was copied)! Roll up, roll up! Have your tickets ready or pay on the door! Come hear the show - multiple fascinating articulations that will tickle the senses of your clients, audience, dog or mum! Hear the power of characterful recordings that can yet be processed according to your needs, rather than processing yourself according to theirs! Listen to the wonders of a shifting stereo field! Thrill to the low RAM useage and actual updates that improve the library!

Make your home in a Bunker!

I recall Hoi An for anything but beaches. Hamburger Hill, DMZ zones BUNKERS and slurping BIA Hanoi in the old town. Lanterns had many colours. Excellent food. Bought a shell on Hamburger Hill which was supposed to be shot by US Military M60. The Hamburger Hill visit included a trip to some location where we could shoot AK-47. The standard gun used by Vietcong. You really had to hold hard that gun, or it cracked your shoulder. Bought Vietcong slippers done from rubber tyres.
That sounds like quite an experience! Sombre in some of ways, but quite something.

Top Bottom