What's new

LA Scoring Strings 3

Can someone please do a quick demo (perhaps just 1 sustained or crescendo chord so we can hear the difference between 2.5 and 3?

thanks in advance!

Completely different IMO. The summed divisi patches in 3 sound closer to 2.5, but the big mixable 3-divisi "main" patches sound way smoother, nicer and wider than the main, summed ones in 2.5. It's like someone actually mixed the library this time. :D
Hmm. Are you referring to a LASS3 patch with all three divisi sections summed, or do you mean that each individual divisi section has been treated and mixed individually in LASS3? Does that mean projects from 2.5 sound different no matter what, or is it an optional preset you're referring to?

I mean that the summed 3-divisi patch sounds closer to 2.5 sound. Which makes sense too, because that's what they had in 2.5 when you loaded up e.g. full violas.

The larger patch has all the divisi as separate instances instead of summing (think them basically as "mic sliders" in other sample libraries- but you can position and treat them individually) and the default blend is pre-mixed way more nicer-sounding. Somehow it doesn't make sense that it should sound different by default, but it certainly does.

I made a crappy picture to explain it better:

Untitled.png

I mean that the summed 3-divisi patch sounds closer to 2.5 sound. Which makes sense too, because that's what they had in 2.5 when you loaded up e.g. full violas.

The larger patch has all the divisi as separate instances instead of summing (think them basically as "mic sliders" in other sample libraries- but you can position and treat them individually) and the default blend is pre-mixed way more nicer-sounding. Somehow it doesn't make sense that it should sound different by default, but it certainly does.

I made a crappy picture to explain it better:

Untitled.png
So they're basically like a new option in 3? Interesting! I'm going to pick these up pretty soon and see for myself too

Yeah, I was hoping to be able put that purchase off for a little bit.
I'd love to know if someone can confirm and what the new prices would look like.

@Casiquire ,

So are you upgrading to LASS 3 ? I think the upgrade pricing of $99. might not last too long.
I know, but i think i need to pass on the early bird pricing. I thought those prices were permanent. I'll still get it though, even if it means paying a little more.

(Or maybe I'll just so happen to catch a sale)

I was remembering the chat we had about Chris Hein and, after watching some videos from him, I'm convinced his libraries would be absolute killers if they got a GUI update as well.
Similarly to LASS, i didn't mind their interface despite a lot of people hating it, but i agree. I think Hein would gain a whole lot from a refresh. And no matter how many times I toy with it i can never quite grasp how each of the legato controls will affect the performance so better clarity there would go a long way too

Similarly to LASS, i didn't mind their interface despite a lot of people hating it, but i agree. I think Hein would gain a whole lot from a refresh. And no matter how many times I toy with it i can never quite grasp how each of the legato controls will affect the performance so better clarity there would go a long way too
Yes, I'm looking from the perspective of a potential customer and I'm completely intimidated. :unsure:

But they are really impressive, nonetheless.

Top Bottom