What's new

LA Modern Percussion - The update is finally here!

I love this library, extremely easy and inspiring to play/perform.
The only thing that could be fixed are the improvisation patches (prerecorded performance loops).
They sound great and are very useful in certain quick sketching situations, but they don't have any release sample, when I stop triggering them they cut off immediately.
There is a workaround of course (playing the last end note with a real patch)
@Audio Ollie , is there any way to implement this in an update?

The only thing that could be fixed are the improvisation patches (prerecorded performance loops).
They sound great and are very useful in certain quick sketching situations, but they don't have any release sample, when I stop triggering them they cut off immediately.
All well and good but does it work in The Robber? ;)

(note - while this post was said in jest, I seriously love that piece).

Thanks Christof! Glad you're enjoying the library. You can adjust the release of the improv patches via the main AHDSR on the mod page. They're not sampled releases of course, but you can smooth things out quite a bit by tweaking that setting. Adding release samples might be tricky but we'll look into it.

Cheers!

@Audio Ollie I'm guessing not since it's not on your website, but do you guys have a student discount? The library looks and sounds awesome, but as a student, I can't afford that at all, so was just wondering.

uh not sure about that, seems pretty modern cinema/hyped stuff.

there is a mile long list of orchestral percussion that's essential that isn't covered here, as to not spread false information

Hmm...well I will wait and see. I just got Orchestral Percussion SDX for Superior Drummer, and that product truly covered the essential orchestral percussion kit imho. Also not at all hyped/processed to my ears at least. =)

Wow there's so much stuff here. Still digging into it but this might be one of the MOST deep sampled "epic/cinematic" percussion libraries I've ever encountered, both on the mix side and the recording side. For example in the "Daiko" folder there's not only the ensemble but 4 different soloists all recorded with full dynamics... the bass drum ensemble has recorded not just hits and rolls but phrase-end hits, flams in different tempos AND dynamics, short riff-phrases in two different tempos, improv sessions... And then on the mixing side there's 9 mics available for everything, and a complete inside-Kontakt mix chain for each of the close/mid/room/amb submix busses.

Interface is really nice too. Can I suggest a quality-of-life improvement, if the GUI could indicate what is the most recent mix preset that was loaded? Room 1 vs Mid 4 etc. Also - I know Performance Samples doesn't really do manuals ;) - is there anywhere where it's explained what exactly is going on in Room 1 vs 2 3 4? Is it just a more "aggressive"/processed mix? And where does the standard stereomix that loads on initialization fit into that scheme?

EDIT: 4 different djuns omg :shocked: you can create a piece for djun quartet with this library!

Lots and lots of hiss...I tried the methods from the Walkthrough but eventually I had to insert a X-Noise plugin...

Wow there's so much stuff here. Still digging into it but this might be one of the MOST deep sampled "epic/cinematic" percussion libraries I've ever encountered, both on the mix side and the recording side. For example in the "Daiko" folder there's not only the ensemble but 4 different soloists all recorded with full dynamics... the bass drum ensemble has recorded not just hits and rolls but phrase-end hits, flams in different tempos AND dynamics, short riff-phrases in two different tempos, improv sessions... And then on the mixing side there's 9 mics available for everything, and a complete inside-Kontakt mix chain for each of the close/mid/room/amb submix busses.

Interface is really nice too. Can I suggest a quality-of-life improvement, if the GUI could indicate what is the most recent mix preset that was loaded? Room 1 vs Mid 4 etc. Also - I know Performance Samples doesn't really do manuals ;) - is there anywhere where it's explained what exactly is going on in Room 1 vs 2 3 4? Is it just a more "aggressive"/processed mix? And where does the standard stereomix that loads on initialization fit into that scheme?

EDIT: 4 different djuns omg :shocked: you can create a piece for djun quartet with this library!

Why does it say 14 mics on the LAMP page?

Top Bottom