What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.1)

Hmmm unsure. Windows requirement is at installer level, not at libraries used for building Kontakt level...
Well, that was easy enough. lol. I just had to the regedit. Things as smoking now! I've never seen anything load so fast.

Last edited:
Not at sophisticated tech level. Just noting experiential detail. Two Desktop PC systems _ very slightly different hardware configs. Neither comply with Win11 Pro current specs.
BOTH exhibiting same issues with last Update. Trivial ? _ maybe _ but now neither will shutdown. from screen commands. Must use manual power switch.
Windows Explorer brings up large
green band, Moving at snail pace from left to right. before any disc content can be viewed.
Kontakt 6.7 takes disgusting time to load.
GMAiL App works, but suddenly all mouse clicks on new topics _ go to some unknown list at screen bottom and cannot be accessed.

MS 'elephant boy' should be sent 'home' immediately.
Windows 'guru' demoted or fired; talented subordinates promoted, large pay raises.
MS Board re-evaluated, and likely replaced.

fwiw _ local PC Sales and Support store _ survived for decades while others failed _ advises massive Win 11 customer issues _ 'all-over-the-map' _ no help 'til next major SUPPORT Update.
Aren't we impressed ! 🤮

Last edited:
Aren't you on insider builds? That's kinda asking for trouble most of the time. :)
Yes _ and much of angst is Insider process of updating both Desktop PC(s) to Win11 Pro.
Once there, very painful clean install of Win 10 Pro required. Massive set of paid libs going back decades. Likely loss of many preferred ones. Actually, this process took me off Insider and will gladly stay off.

Consistenly follow, and appreciate what you do ED ! Surely my bad for naively moving to Insider long ago. Yet have had minimal issues impacting both DAW(s) over that time. Impressed with your recall of this salient detail !

OK. Dumped my bucket and will limp along until new Desktop build later 2022.
Not close to high performance, and pushing $3k +.
THX for Reply.

Can't you drop out of insider ring at any time?
Cannot state MS policy today.
For longest time one could select choice to exit at next Win full release.
Did that on all Desktops _ yet never had any option but to do clean install of current version _ recently Win10 Pro. Welcome authoritative correction by MS, or other capable Users, but feel this is accurate
statement of fact.
Luv Windows since early days, yet as DAW user / music studio / pianist / career hp guy, hated lack of ability to smoothly /easily restore all paid software with clean installs. Cloned C:\ when HDD / then SDD size required.
Some VI-C Users routinely clean install. No clue how they do this without tedious effort, unless they work with fewer, large, pricey, current libraries / FX, which can be reinstalled comfortably.

Hi,

Having issues right now while loading Kontakt on Logic Pro. Kontakt standalone works fine, however, any time i try to open up kontakt on logic, it automatically crash. I just get Komplete Ultimate Collector, is it due to some libraries on it ?

Just a heads up:

Anyone coming into this thread attempting to post about Kontakt crashing on load either as standalone or plugin, it would be really awesome if you could send me the database file before you try and delete it in order to fix the situation (just ZIP it up and put it on Dropbox/OneDrive/whatever, if it's too large to attach to your post)! The file is found at:

Windows:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt\Db\kontaktdb2_56

Mac:
/Users/<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/Db/kontaktdb2_56

Thank you! :)
@ZosterX - this is probably the issue you're dealing with. Check some of the conversations in this topic from about a month ago.

So did you delete it then? You should.

NI has actually found a fix for this issue which will go in 6.7.1.

I am having some crazy issues now with Kontakt. Just updated as well. First off, everythime i load a library the Pitchwheel goes crazy. Even after i double click the pitchwheel to stop, the effect persists. Anyone know whats going on?

Updated for Kontakt 6.7.1 release!
Actually i just tested this out with Sine too and it is the same so it would seem it is a Reaper issue. It sounds like all my instruments have some sort of pitch warbol on.

SOLVED:

Had to disable my Midi output Config. Sorry for wasting your time EvilDragon.

Updated for Kontakt 6.7.1 release!
I did it and it completely uninstalled Kontakt. It is now listed in the Uninstalled portion of Native Access. I install it from there, it says it's installed but it isn't. Found the zip file and tried to install from that but says it's an update and I need to re-install Kontakt. Not quite sure how it expects me to do that. I erased all Downloaded files and started again. still no luck.

Mac or Windows?
Windows with idiot operator.:P

100% user error. I only had 1.29 GB disc space on Drive C. Freed up 4 GB and re-installed without a hitch. Usually I check a million times for user error before I post anything (because I can be an idiot) but I panicked. Also something is causing a memory leak in my RAM so also re-booted.

All good now! Thanks ED!😀

Is there a way to roll back to a previous version once updated? I did install Aeria Lite and then I noticed an update to 6.7.1 of Kontakt which I did. but since then, Kontakt crash every time. Did a full uninstall/reinstall, same thing. Uninstalled all Native Instrument softwares, including Native Access, cleaned the Native Instrument folder in My Documents, still the same after a fresh reinstall. I have 172 Gb of free space on the disk, so that's not the issue. The web site only point to Native Access. Not sure what else to try at this point. Can't seem to find a way to roll back to 6.7.0 in Native Access. The crash logs are unreadable, so I'm at the point I'll have to open a case with NI, but I wanted to see if I could roll back first. Anyone succeeded to do a rollback with Native Access (or another way) in the past? As a reference, I had Kontakt 5 installed as well and this one was still working (I removed it since as part of my troubleshooting steps to clean everything NI), so it's really something related to Kontakt 6. Now, whether the issue is caused by the update to 6.7.1 or the installation of Aeria Lite, your guess is as good as mine, but I don't see why it would crash after a library install. However, following a software update, that would make more sense, hence the reason why I try to roll back. If anyone has any idea before I reach out to NI. My studio is completely down at this point...

Top Bottom