What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.2)

Just a heads up:

Anyone coming into this thread attempting to post about Kontakt crashing on load either as standalone or plugin, it would be really awesome if you could send me the database file before you try and delete it in order to fix the situation (just ZIP it up and put it on Dropbox/OneDrive/whatever, if it's too large to attach to your post)! The file is found at:

Windows:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt\Db\kontaktdb2_56

Mac:
/Users/<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/Db/kontaktdb2_56

Thank you! :)
@Grizzlymv - try moving this file and restarting Kontakt. This is what was causing a lot of crashes with earlier updates. If you can zip up the file and send it to @EvilDragon, all the better.

@Grizzlymv - try moving this file and restarting Kontakt. This is what was causing a lot of crashes with earlier updates. If you can zip up the file and send it to @EvilDragon, all the better.
Thanks a lot for that! That did the trick. I removed both kontaktdb2_56 and kontaktdb2_56Lock and it worked again. now on to reinstall the rest of the NI software I removed yesterday.. ;)

Just updated from 6.6.x straight to 6.7.1 and got the startup crash on Windows. I kept the old db file if needed for debugging.

Hi everyone!
I need some help. Everytime I try to load a Kontakt library in Logic Pro X I get "an audio unit plugin reported a problem which might cause the system become unstable"
Kontakt 6.7, Logic Pro 10.7.1 on M1 Mode. (if I start Logic in Rosetta mode I can load everything)
In Logic plugin manager I can see all aus validated, all ok. I reset plugins just in case....etc, but the problem persists in M1 mode.
(in Live 11 I can load all Kontakt libraries perfectly...)
So, EvilDragon I am sending you the file you marked, and maybe you can help me
Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• kontaktdb2_56.zip
    5 KB · Views: 0
Did you try removing that file and does it work then?
Thank you for your answer!
Yes, I tried twice, and restarting, etc.. and I get the same message
It's surprising that with Logic Pro X (Apple program) you can't use Kontakt on M1 mode, and have to use it with Rosetta. But with Live -M1 mode- Kontakt works perfect..

There's a weird thing that has been happening lately with the newer versions of Kontakt. If I try to open an instance in Reaper on Mac Mojave, either AU or VST3, Reaper automatically crashes when Kontakt tries to rebuild the database. But if I open an older version of Kontakt (6.53 vst in this case), the database quickly gets rebuilt and I can then open the 6.7 versions without a crash.

This may be unique to my system, but I'd advise everyone to keep an older version handy just in case.

Not sure the best place to inquire but this thread seems relevant and mentions my issue : Making a new mobile rig, MacBook Pro M1 12.3.1 : Pro Tools 2021.12.0 : Kontakt 6.7.1 (RO). I'm getting these continuous 'BACKGROUND LOADING WARNING:' related to memory in my PT sessions, though system usage says 53%. Kontakt.app set to Rosetta. I'll mention I migrated from a 2018 Mac mini TM Big Sur backup. EvilDragon you've been a huge help for a decade. Database attached. Not sure where to find any log stuff.

Attachments

• Database.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 4.50.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 4.50.24 PM.png
    569.3 KB · Views: 20
Hmmm yeah database is not really connected to this issue I don't think. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to suggest here... How many instances of Kontakt are we talking about, and what does the Expert->Engine tab say for all of them?

Hey guys, I recently updated Kontakt after not using it for some time now and I'm having issues trying to do MIDI automation in Studio One 5. It used to be that when trying to add a new midi parameter there would be a folder at the top that you open up and it lists all the CC parameters, but now it just has a folder named after the channel and only has one item inside called "Kontakt". This is really frustrating as I can no longer create new midi parameters to edit, though ones that were already created with the older kontakt version are still there. Any ideas on a fix?

Side note, all the channels are now called "Event Input" which is different than what it used to be.

Studio_One_2022-04-24_17-58-09.png

The "Event Input" thing should be resolved in 6.7.1 AFAIK.

For other CCs, you need to scroll alllll the way down. They're listed after the usual 512 host automation slots.

The "Event Input" thing should be resolved in 6.7.1 AFAIK.

For other CCs, you need to scroll alllll the way down. They're listed after the usual 512 host automation slots.
I actually have done that already and it oddly shows multiple of the same CC and when I try to use one of them it doesn't actually work.

Studio_One_2022-04-24_19-11-51.png

Multiples are for each of 16 MIDI channels. Sadly unnumbered so it's a bit of counting required to pick the right one. I just tested it and if I have an instrument listening on, say, MIDI channel 4, and I have CC #2 modulating something, picking the fourth Breath Controller(MSB) from the list works just fine.

Top Bottom