What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.1)

Thx for the warning.
I still got freezes without it, but it took more time/trying different projects.
Even more sneaky/dangerous. I thought it worked and almost continued working on my projects. In the last test project it happened then. So glad I kept trying before rending any actual active project unloadable with older Kontakt versions by saving it with the new version

Yeah resolving all missing samples across all Kontakt instances in the project can take a while (depending on how many instances you have and how many samples are missing of course). DAW might look like it's frozen but just keep at it, eventually it should unfreeze and return to normal state.

Yeah resolving all missing samples across all Kontakt instances in the project can take a while (depending on how many instances you have and how many samples are missing of course). DAW might look like it's frozen but just keep at it, eventually it should unfreeze and return to normal state.
There were no missing samples at all in the project that froze (without Asio Guard). The recall error message didn't even show up.
It just froze when opening a Kontakt instance (before it even opened - just trying to open it did it). For almost 10 minutes till I force quit.
Never happened before the update. I'm back to 6.4.2 now.

Also, resolving the samples previously never took more than 20-30 seconds. So even if it takes 5-10 minutes or more now it's still a bug. But since the freeze also comes without any missing samples it's likely unrelated anyway.
There is no way out - the shit is broken. At least for a few unlucky ones it seems....

Should but internal tests show that it still doesn't. More reports from users would be welcome.

Hi everyone, I've just had a customer contact me to let me know that Kontakt 6.6 is causing an odd issue with his copy of CSSS. Apparently, the panning and volume dials are not working properly. In his words:

"If I load any patch, all the pan controls stay on the far right, and the volume controls are also linked to pan, if I change the pan, all volumes move with it."

We're looking into it, but in the meantime, if anyone else has updated to 6.6, it would be really helpful if you could chime in and let me know if the same thing occurs for you.
Hi Alex,
Not sure if you have resolved this issue since posting but I experienced this a while back and the fix was to download the latest CSSS 1.1 patch update from your website:

Also, resolving the samples previously never took more than 20-30 seconds. So even if it takes 5-10 minutes or more now it's still a bug. But since the freeze also comes without any missing samples it's likely unrelated anyway.
There is no way out - the shit is broken. At least for a few unlucky ones it seems....
I've been telling them this exact same thing for months.....still no fix.

Careful when updating!!!! Backups!!

I'm unable to update from 6.4.2 to any new version. I tried it with 6.5 (or one of the .x iterations, maybe 6.5.3) and now 6.6.1.

When loading a big project everything freezes (waited for 10 minutes).
Happened after getting this notification below. I did what was said, resolved a missing content message and afterwards the big freeze came for me. Perhaps unrelated but know knows...
Others had the same issue, even 2 experienced bigger composers.
The fact that this is still unsolved after many months makes me think NI has lost track of their code. At least when it comes to the "unlucky" circumstances of some users.

Using Cubase 10.5, Windows 10 Home.

ecveev.png
I get this exact same message from time to time, its a real strange one, with VEpro and Kontakt will be missing libraries, a restart of the host does resolve it but the scary thing is there is not much kontakt instances only two in this case so dread to think what happens when more instances are loaded.

It has not crashed as yet but not looking for a bright future and expecting the worse,
i would have happily stayed with K 5 but now some developers are only developing for K 6 forcing you to make the change and join the fun

i would have happily stayed with K 5 but now some developers are only developing for K 6 forcing you to make the change and join the fun
The early Kontakt 6 was very good. The last real good version was the end of 6.3.x. Everything was fine up till that point.

Then they released 6.4.1 and everything went to $#!t.
Apparently the missing samples issue had to do with something new on the MACs so NI completely revamped how to resolve them. Unfortunately for me....I wish I didn't love Ethera Gold 2.5 so much, because if I didn't, I'd still be on 6.3.2. I think developers should hold back on trying to utilize the latest version of Kontakt until all the bugs have been worked out.

Because it's not as easy as you might think it is. Especially since it works fine for majority. These singled out cases that aren't cleanly reproducible everywhere are the worst to find and fix.
There are too many peculiar cases, small amounts of users, but a large variety of problems it seems.

How about including some advanced logging, which users can opt-in to enable, and send to NI for further investigation.

I updated to 6.6.1 from an earlier version of kontact 6(probably 6.3.x)... it now is really slow (takes upto 30 seconds ;) in both studio one and ableton 10 to switch instances of kontakt by track. I tried installing 6.4.2 and it has the same problem..and just yesterday kontact 6.4.2 crashed studio one ! which for me is probably a first in 2years ! Definitely the versions of kontact in 2021 are not as good as 2020...

I updated to 6.6.1 from an earlier version of kontact 6(probably 6.3.x)... it now is really slow (takes upto 30 seconds ;) in both studio one and ableton 10 to switch instances of kontakt by track. I tried installing 6.4.2 and it has the same problem..and just yesterday kontact 6.4.2 crashed studio one ! which for me is probably a first in 2years ! Definitely the versions of kontact in 2021 are not as good as 2020...
Just a heads up. 6.4.1 and 6.4.2 were the worst for everything. I'm not sure how they passed beta testing and the missing samples issue wasn't the only problem with those versions.

The latest version is much better, although the missing samples issue is still there and unloading RAM is still broken.

It really is a strange one missing samples, my thoughts on it is it could be internet influence.

Could be completely wrong but I did find when I shut down the internet and then up the system then DAW, VEpro I had a different issue, I saw the same message about the state of Kontakt, but the samples did load, even though the message popped up,

The issue was I lost connection to my server and needed to reconnect VEpro Cubase 10.40 all was ok after that but strongly believe it was because there was no internet, so it did influence the behaviour of the host.

Behaviour of our machines coursed by the internet are very subtle growing more and more as time goes on because what I am noticing is our machines are becoming very internet dependant even our Draws other host, plugins.

And feel it's a very good idea to start isolating our machines from the internet while we are creating in our DAWs I think this will lesson also OS influence too.

There are to many programs that start working in the background when the internet is on while we are using our DAW and feel can and does influence the behaviour of our DAW.

Yes I know we need to update and download fixes and so on

But I think we are forgetting how powerful the internet is. I think a good idea is to have a tablet or laptop and put that on line to communicate with the outside world and forums but not the machine s with our DAW on .

Just a heads up. 6.4.1 and 6.4.2 were the worst for everything. I'm not sure how they passed beta testing and the missing samples issue wasn't the only problem with those versions.

The latest version is much better, although the missing samples issue is still there and unloading RAM is still broken.
Can i revert to previous versions? I'm on 6.4.1 and it's not going well. I thought Studio One was the problem so I'm kind of relived and worried at the same time now.

It's not.
Not just for Kontakt but generally a lot of issue's we can tend to have with our DAW is internet related, because there are to many things that are going on in the background while quietly changing things to another state that they was not before,

Top Bottom