What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.1)

Got it, thanks.
Abbey Road and Slate remain lost in space.
No biggie, I can buy another Kit somewhere, don’t use them much.

I am having quite a few issues with the Kontakt update. Sonokinetic Woodwinds is not usable. Cinematic Series pan and volumes move when I adjust the sustain release value.

I don't use Cubase (nor Mac) so I wouldn't know. Sorry. :)

That said, do you also enable the option to save the paths relative to user content base path?

I don't use Cubase (nor Mac) so I wouldn't know. Sorry. :)

That said, do you also enable the option to save the paths relative to user content base path?
Hi ED, thanks for coming in. I have tried it both ways. The time taken to save is really quite long whichever option I choose.

I encountered a weird bug (?). When trying to open VST3- instances on VST2 versions, every single patch is completely empty. Enabling the VST3 version brings them back again, but it seems that if you build your project on VST3 there's no way to open it with VST2 version anymore.

Any of you peeps had the same issue?

I encountered a weird bug (?). When trying to open VST3- instances on VST2 versions, every single patch is completely empty. Enabling the VST3 version brings them back again, but it seems that if you build your project on VST3 there's no way to open it with VST2 version anymore.

Any of you peeps had the same issue?
Exactly the same issue. Don't know, perhaps Vst3 is not "backwards" compatible to Vst2. There's also talk about Spitfire libs not loading up correct mic settings which I can confirm for the OA Evos and the Orchestral Swarms.

I think VST2 instances can be converted to VST3, but not the other way around.
If true, this needs to be well-documented. I'm not in this situation myself (yet), but I can easily imagine needing backward compatibility in order to move snapshots, etc. from one DAW to another.

Can I update yet without breaking anything? 🤔
I’ve not encounter any issues with Logic. I’d been postponing updating due to the reported issues but finally had to upgrade to use a library that requires 6.6. But with Logic at least, there have been no issues. It seems most issues involve VST 3 interfering with VST 2 operation.

Can I update yet without breaking anything? 🤔
I just updated and really like the ease at which everything worked flawlessly on an entirely new build, nothing cloned over.

I’m very happy with Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, u-He and PianoTeq.
It’s all I need.

Kontakt 6.6 has been working well for me using the VST2 on macOS Big Sur 11.4 with Reason. I updated shortly after it came out and there have been no issues that I've noticed so far.

I don't really understand how this VST2 and VST3 works but am i asking for a lot of pain and hurt if i update Kontakt, with a ton of VST2 plugins in VEpro as you know VEpro does not do VST3 so how would this work

Top Bottom