What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.1)

Where can I find info on Logic's auto-suspend that you mention? Google doesn't help me, thanks
Thanks for asking Yaron. Apple actually calls it Dynamic Plugin Loading. It's the same idea as disable in other DAWs, Logic does it without the need to manually disable/enable tracks if you have the feature turned on.

Here's a link to the Logic page about the feature:

I just installed Kontakt 6.5.3. Using Cubase 11.0.20. Windows 10.

I'm also getting the

"The state of some instances of Kontakt cannot be recalled correctly, please open any instance of Kontakt to resolve the problem"

Has anyone reached out to Steinberg or NI yet?

Last edited:
That is not a bug, just do exactly what the dialog says, it is the new workflow.
I’m not sure what exactly you’re referring to (just not sure because of where your response fell in the thread), but if I move a library to another location, open a project, get the dialog and press “ignore this time” Cubase hangs every time.

I’m not sure what exactly you’re referring to (just not sure because of where your response fell in the thread), but if I move a library to another location, open a project, get the dialog and press “ignore this time” Cubase hangs every time.
Yup

I've switched back to 6.4.2 for now. I have 2 libraries that require 6.5.3, but I think I can do without them. I definitely won't be purchasing any new libraries that require 6.5.3 for now.

I've switched back to 6.4.2 for now. I have 2 libraries that require 6.5.3, but I think I can do without them. I definitely won't be purchasing any new libraries that require 6.5.3 for now.
Ugh. So it’s definitely a bug right? Hot fix coming @Yaron_NI?

Yes, I've turned off ASIO Guard, and am still getting the message.

No worries, I think the problem might lie more with Steinberg.....*hunch hunch*

The message is part of the new workflow. I want to be totally clear here - are you getting a hang with ASIO Guard OFF or is it just the message? If it is just the message, do what the message says. If there is a hang, then we have an issue.

Yep, Evil Dragon explained this to me on the NI forums. I experienced 2 hangs, and another pass was okay, but still abit finicky.

I think it's a Cubase issue. I've already posted this on the Steinberg forum, waiting for anyone there to get back to me. Thanks either way, Yaron.

Well, I would be very happy to just say it is a Cubase issue, but I don't think we can absolve ourselves so easy in the Kontakt team either, we will keep on looking at what we can do to improve this whole workflow and make it better. To roll the whole thing back is not an option because of Apple forcing our hand a bit with Big Sur/ARM compatibility.

Welp, Apple forces NI, NI screwballs in Cubase.

Guess Steinberg has no choice but to play ball back! :emoji_grin:

Top Bottom