What's new

Kontakt Update 5.8.0

On Cubase 9.5 but on PC. No problem here. Maybe a mac thing?

Hopefully, just a small glitch for you.
Well it worked now for 20 minutes without any problems, so yes, hopefully just a small hickup while rescanning all VSTs...:emoji_pray:

Just curious if anybody else here experienced something similar?

Similar here with recent Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol updates. I think it's a time-out occurring during the initial scan by Cubase, after the update. After re-enabling the plugin on the Blacklist, it works fine.

Just updated to 5.8, restarted my mac and opened Cubase. Got a message that Kontakt (normal, 8 and 16 out) couldn't be reached and will therefor be put on the blacklist. Kontakt standalone worked perfectly, and after heading to my VST settings in Cubase and reactivating Kontakt from the Blacklist there it now works perfectly fine again...
Haven't restarted Cubase, so seems a little strange that it tells me there is a "problem" when there is (as it now works) actually none.
Just curious if anybody else here experienced something similar? Also: as Kontakt standalone (and in logic, but thats no VST obviously)worked, I guess it was on Steinbergs/Cubase site?!
It's because you didn't copy the new 5.8.0 .dll files into your Cubase VST plugins folder. Cubase only sees your old .dll files.
The new 5.8.0 .dll files are probably located in your Native Instruments applications folder. When you launch Kontakt in stand alone mode, it reaches for the .dll in your NI applications folder. Just locate the new .dll, and copy them in your Steinberg Cubase VST plugins folder on your :C drive.

It's because you didn't copy the new 5.8.0 .dll files into your Cubase VST plugins folder. Cubase only sees your old .dll files.
The new 5.8.0 .dll files are probably located in your Native Instruments applications folder. When you launch Kontakt in stand alone mode, it reaches for the .dll in your NI applications folder. Just locate the new .dll, and copy them in your Steinberg Cubase VST plugins folder on your :C drive.
Always thought Macs don‘t have/use .dlls in the way Windows does?! Guess I am wrong there.
Works now, so I guess Cubase relocated (or so) these to the correct folder, or just stuttered over them during the first scanning. But then I don‘t get why
1. Logic has no problems with that (know that Logic is AU, but seems to be doable to do such things automatically, unless the file structure/architecture of apple is completely the other way around from what Steinberg does?)
And 2. why it shows me such message when there lbviously isn‘t any problem...

I'm on Windows 10. I just checked all of the VST plugins folders on my system, and all of them still had version 5.7.

The new 5.8 updates were located in the folder "Vstplugins 64 bit", in the Native Instruments folder. I guess the stand alone version is directly connected to it. But for the use in Cubase 9.5, I copy the three new .dll files inside the VSTplugins folder in the Cubase application.

I'm on Windows 10. I just checked all of the VST plugins folders on my system, and all of them still had version 5.7.

The new 5.8 updates were located in the folder "Vstplugins 64 bit", in the Native Instruments folder. I guess the stand alone version is directly connected to it. But for the use in Cubase 9.5, I copy the three new .dll files inside the VSTplugins folder in the Cubase application.

These do not exist on macs, so this would not be the issue. DLLs are a Windows file extension, not mac.

Always thought Macs don‘t have/use .dlls in the way Windows does?! Guess I am wrong there.
Works now, so I guess Cubase relocated (or so) these to the correct folder, or just stuttered over them during the first scanning. But then I don‘t get why
1. Logic has no problems with that (know that Logic is AU, but seems to be doable to do such things automatically, unless the file structure/architecture of apple is completely the other way around from what Steinberg does?)
And 2. why it shows me such message when there lbviously isn‘t any problem...

You are correct as they do not exist on macs. Mac systems use other formats like: dylib (Dynamic Library) etc

In relation to the actual topic of this thread, I am really liking the new sorting features and find Kontakt is working more smoothly also. Nice update alongside Komplete Kontrol 2.0

I do still find that KK is really slow in plug-in format though, when loading into Logic Pro X and VE Pro

Question about Mac AU: is it possible to just save the component file of the current version before updating? Or is there somthing else updated as well (like plist-files or authorisations)? Just to have a way back in case there are problems with the newer version...
That’s what I did since ages. Works very well!!!

Sorry, I should open a new topic; at home, despite the good KSP coding, the names of the automations don't appear in my DAW (Digital Performer 9).

Hm, that seems quite weird. It works in literally ALL other DAWs, so this might be something idiosyncratic to DP and perhaps something they need to fix on their side.

Hm, that seems quite weird. It works in literally ALL other DAWs, so this might be something idiosyncratic to DP and perhaps something they need to fix on their side.
Wasn‘t/ Isn‘t it also DP wich has still problems with VE6 on High Sierra?! So maybe it is really just because of the DAW as I never (with now multiple DAWs on different computers/macs) over the years never encountered problems with NI products...

An observation. Apparently, the endless loop check has been raised from 40000 to at least 1000000 cycles. Makes sense, otherwise resetting a full blown array would require using wait command, though it may be still a good idea to use it.

Top Bottom