What's new

Kontakt Library organization guide

Indeed, a very cool video. Funnily, I'm just about to re-organize every library. So that pretty backs my thoughts on this topic.

Thanks for this, Zee. I've finally gotten around to installing Kontakt and my first few libraries that I picked up on sale over the last several months and this video has given me an idea on how to organize everything.

Reactions: Zee
Interesting approach, thanks for sharing that vid. I’m still baffled as to why pressing next / previous when a patch has been loaded from Quick Load does not go to the next patch in the organized QL structure, but instead the source location. Sure, I can open QL again and drag the next patch from there, but that seems like a huge missed opportunity in the UI design on NI’s part.

What's the easiest way to do this in Windows? Simply making a shortcut for the .nki files doesn't work, and copying the .nki comes with the very cumbersome task of having to batch resave all patches, since they'll have the missing samples error.
Is there something similar to the 'alias' function that David uses on Mac?

Yes, it's called "symbolic link". What I'm planning to do: creating ordinary links and then convert the whole quickload folder to symbolic links. Still looking for a script that can do that...

Yes, it's called "symbolic link". What I'm planning to do: creating ordinary links and then convert the whole quickload folder to symbolic links. Still looking for a script that can do that...
Hit me up once you found it. :grin:

Well, I just tried creating a symlink just to test if it works. When you double click, the NKI gets loaded without any problems. But when dragging it to Kontakt, I get an error that the samples aren't found. I guess the NKI looks for the sampls in the symlink directory instead of the original directory.

Top Bottom