What's new

KONTAKT GUI Maker in development

I just bought it but can't get it to work on high sierra, I get a library read error hen opening the app. I followed the installation instructions. Is it not compatible with high sierra?

Due to some bugs in the development environment used to develop KGM, there currently is no High Sierra support. Once that'll change i will inform you of course - apologies for that!

Due to some bugs in the development environment used to develop KGM, there currently is no High Sierra support. Once that'll change i will inform you of course - apologies for that!
No problem, I received the refund. Thanks for your good service RigidAudio!

I always wondered what happened to this product. Wish I had not bought the first version.
There were updates, which I purchased, but could never get it to work properly. After reading this thread I realize it's probably because I've been on High Sierra for a while. I wonder if it works in Mojave?

Then again I have not seen any updates for this by email in a long time. Perhaps it's been abandoned. I suppose that's what happens when buying from a small company that puts things on sale for 95% off. Their support for something this complex can wane quickly. I'm just glad I didn't do anything important with it. Lesson learned.

I always wondered what happened to this product. Wish I had not bought the first version.
Yes, looking at their website it's nowhere to be found. Looks like they did the original (which didn't work well) some paid updates (which I paid for) then walked away before getting it to work properly. I realize it's a hard tool to get working right, but I thought they would at least try for a few years before giving up. I thought I was supporting a company trying to do something new, but no. Just tossed money into the fire. Only a year since they posted on this (and had me pay for an update) and it's an orphan.

As I said, lesson learned. I'll research companies more before buying from them. Even their deep discounts are not worth it if they won't support what they make. Getting only a year of support then walking away is kind of lame. Goodbye Rigid Audio.

Even their deep discounts are not worth it if they won't support what they make.
That's very true of GUI Maker. But the Kontakt libraries are useful -- if not exactly stellar --- at the sale prices. I guess we all have decide for ourselves whether to ignore the libraries because of the failure of the GUI Maker project.

I do think the developer should think about refunding the money paid for GUI Maker 2, which never got beyond a beta release.

That's very true of GUI Maker. But the Kontakt libraries are useful -- if not exactly stellar --- at the sale prices. I guess we all have decide for ourselves whether to ignore the libraries because of the failure of the GUI Maker project.

I do think the developer should think about refunding the money paid for GUI Maker 2, which never got beyond a beta release.

You can request a refund for V2. I did and without any hassle I was refunded.

Top Bottom