What's new

Kontakt and working separately on two PC's

fustrun

Hey guys!

I am working on a desktop PC and a Laptop and switching between the two all the time, when i transfer projects back and forth i always get prompt to point Kontakt to the Libraries directory for some reason (They are stored in different directories in both PC's), is there a way to make kontakt remember where the samples are on each PC?

Thanks!

I got so frustrated at this that I am currently restructuring my sample libraries to use the same paths at the two places I'm working at.

Technically, some libraries (especially Player ones) tend to find the right paths automatically, but many times you just find yourself clicking the resolve- button like a madman instead. The best way is to either use the same paths on both machines or use symbolic links to fool the system.

I got so frustrated at this that I am currently restructuring my sample libraries to use the same paths at the two places I'm working at.

Technically, some libraries (especially Player ones) tend to find the right paths automatically, but many times you just find yourself clicking the resolve- button like a madman instead. The best way is to either use the same paths on both machines or use symbolic links to fool the system.

What would you do if your desktop has two hard drives (with samples on each) and your laptop has one?

Top Bottom