What's new

Komplete 15 Subscription Survey

There is a facet of subscription based access to the tools you need to create that is often overlooked and it is this right here

Adobe cutting off all of Venezuela due to US sanctions

Maybe you think it's got nothing to do with you, but I am pretty sure that is what many Venezuelan designers thought, too, before that.
Anyway, it just showed a fundamental flaw in selling access to tools. I'd rather pay a multiple of the yearly subscription and get the tool itself thanks very much
Seems like more an incentive for piracy.

Yeah, people that are willing to pirate are going to find any justification they can.

I've never been a subscription person, rubs me the wrong way. However, I found that below a certain cost threshold, combined with a "hmm, wonder how much I really will use the tools", it rubs a bit less :) I can get the educational discount for Musio which puts it into the "silly low" price range and I'll be trying that out over the following year. If there's particular libraries I use a lot, I might buy them outright, or just keep using the subscription.

I have Komplete Ultimate and if I had it all to do over, not sure I'd go that route. I like a lot of the plugins but the synths and effects in particular don't get much use (in favor of others I have). I did follow the sale approach: sale for K Select; sale to upgrade to standard; sale to upgrade to ultimate. They get you because I needed Kontakt, but the value-for-cost move was to get Komplete! As it turns out, I just haven't used tools like FM8, Reaktor and Massive X quite as much as I thought I would.

Well looky here 😳
Here is the link as well:

That's actually been out for a couple years now.

They added a bunch of other stuff since release, but $10 a month for that limited set isn't a good deal at all IMO.

Previous discussion when Komplete Now was launched: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/native-instruments-komplete-now-subscription.118409/

Rearrange the following into a well known phrase or saying:

coffin nail in last

When you've done that

Join me in saying

Hello UVI and Falcon, hello Decent sampler, hello sforzando, hello Spitfire LABS, hello Soundpaint, hello all the new platforms as they arise...

Bye-bye Kontakt...

Well, they had a good run. Kudos to those who started the company and could run with the money. For the rest of us, time to move on. Also, good news for the small developers who will see more interest, certainly from me.

Yeah, people that are willing to pirate are going to find any justification they can.
That's a pretty popular saying, but it's not particularly true, is it? There's many reasons to pirate something, but most of us tech-savvy folk don't do it if there's any other options.

I'll gladly pirate old PlayStation games going for half a grand that are otherwise unavailable. Software publishers killing license activations for older versions (hi Reason) are phenomenally anti-consumer and basically require piracy.

Believing that there's justifiable reasons for piracy doesn't mean I haven't spent thousands of euros on music software in this past year alone.

The world isn't so simple.

As it turns out, I just haven't used tools like FM8, Reaktor and Massive X quite as much as I thought I would.
Yeh I hear this one. Personally I think the synths are a comparitively a long way away from the competition. The GUI is light years behind anything else out there, even if the sounds are good. Just look at Massive X, released with Serum and to a lesser extent Pigments in the rearview mirror. The thing sounds fine but I find it objectively difficult to recommend. They had a great chance to sort the GUI and even after a somewhat negative release, they just left it. I can forgive FM8 and Massive as they were from a different era. Since they've left the synths in the dirt so to speak, I can see why they'd perhaps hedge their bet on Kontakt, the Play Series and some experimental instruments for orchestral music to keep existing customers happy.
Is this getting a bit dramatic? Has NI stated they were no longer providing perpetual licenses?
Always does when you use the s-word. It's something NI have stated (that perp licenses will stay.) This survey is to guage interest in the sub format, but my interest was probably more piqued by how much they have re-organised the potential bundle as much as anything.

Looking at these images, if (and it's a big if) I would possibly be interested in a Komplete 15 that dropped Reaktor and some of the old synths, but included Ozone 11, Neutron 5, Nectar 4 and some newer libraries instead, at roughly the same pricing level that it is now. Aka; trade away some software for others, but keep the price roughly the same.

For me, when it comes to Komplete, the ideal would be to take away the products you've paid for in previous versions (I have K 8-14) and give you a price for just the new products. Or even better an "a la carte" option. That won't happen, I guess they'd lose money..

Rearrange the following into a well known phrase or saying:

coffin nail in last

When you've done that

Join me in saying

Hello UVI and Falcon, hello Decent sampler, hello sforzando, hello Spitfire LABS, hello Soundpaint, hello all the new platforms as they arise...

Bye-bye Kontakt...
Meh............I still bye Kontakt libraries that don't require the player. None of them are mature like Kontakt. Kontakt use to be 2nd fiddle to Gigastudio.

I don't think software piracy is driven by incentives like that🥴
But it opens an approach for competition
When it's political reasons.........it encourages it. There are people locked out of their licensed software who are being punished for the actions of their governments.

Top Bottom