What's new

Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in

thank you.

bear mccreary once heard this music and said "i like that!". my fans are in good company. haters are in tatters.

Ok this is an interesting thread, and I have to congratulate @charlotte for her effort, this is great music and very sincere, I can feel the emotion and thus it makes it real music, if it were AI it would be some random chords that wouldn't really make sense. And even if it was random (like the music I write because I still lack experience) in certain parts it would still convey emotion, though it may not be consistent during the entire track (because getting stuck will lead to writing something completely different and trying to stitch things up unfortunately doesn't really make sense). But I don't think AI will even come close to something lake charlotte wrote for at least 5 years from now.
AI music is still very much in its 45.4 teeth, 3 arm, 8.76 finger stage.
I really like this reply, it's funny. But AI isn't really a mess (because that's what you would picture with that image in mind). It's just a single dimensional thing, that lacks depth and emotion even if it's musically correct. Even banging your head on the table is musically correct if you follow a steady rhythm.

And filming yourself composing might become relevant in the future so bringing that up is not stupid but actually very relevant. Eventually AI will become so good that it will be hard to distinguish between an average level composer and AI intelligence, only if you were at the level of Hans Zimmer you would be able to face the AI competition. But there are other ways to deal with this, I was thinking about including a certain pattern in the sound frequencies that the human ear can't pick, like an invisible watermark, and AI songs should be forced by law to include that watermark that can be identified in a spectrum analyzer, and those who do not consent can be punishable by law. But that's just one way of implementing this, society will eventually find a way to deal with this.

But I am sorry for going further off topic on this thread, we have a great composer here with a bright future ahead of her and I wish her all the best. Keep on working and experiencing and you'll get great results.

Top Bottom