What's new

Joseph Fiala - audio removed

Jos Wylin

Music is the Language of the World
Sorry, but I had to delete this post due to arrangements made with the owner of the original score some months ago. He reminded me that I wasn't allowed to publish anything of it, not even the audio file. Although the music is public domain, I will respect our arrangement.

I apologise for the inconvenience,

Jos

Last edited:

Paul T McGraw

Hi,

This piece was intended to practise with a solo string instrument. It turned out to be a cello. The Fiala concerto is beautiful music in its simplicity, but the cello is quite challenging. Here's the final result (part I):

Allegro Moderato

Enjoy the listen!
Jos
A remarkable midi-performance. Congratulations! This could not have been achieved with any library other than VSL!

OP
Jos Wylin

Jos Wylin

Thanks Paul,

We meet again. At first I was afraid to start the job, because I didn't have any experience with a virtual cello. Fortunately, from my chamber music period with my orchestra, I knew what a cello should sound like. The performance isn't 100%, but I'm quite pleased with the result. A friend of mine couldn't believe what he was hearing.
Jos

puremusic

And yes, it is. Amazing what is possible nowadays. But it requires a lot of intensive and meticulous work.
Do you do most of the work replaying it on the keyboard to get it right, or do you work a lot on the notes on the piano roll/in notation?

Thomas Kallweit

eclecticism
Very good.
And yep - it sounds very realistic. But that would not be my Nr. 1 priority here - it's very well composed.
Thanks a lot!

OP
Jos Wylin

Jos Wylin

Hi all,

Yanks for listening and commenting.
Puremusic: it's never a good idea to enter a string part with a keyboard. The way of playing is totally different. This said, you can enter the notes with the keyboard, but a lot of tweaking will be needed. I didn't do it, mainly because I'm not a very good piano player...
Jos

Top Bottom