What's new

Issues with VPN

Hey there, I got an issue with VPN Pure and it's the only forum I get issues with, neither with institutional sites or whatsoever.
Hi,

Could you describe the kind of issues you are having?

Thank you,

Andre

-------------------
VIC Tech support
-------------------

Yeah the forum doesn't get on with VPNs. Often have to reload the page multiple times. I'll make a video next time it happens.
Yeah, it doesn't open pages at all, constantly refreshing.
When I use a VPN, I have issues with Netflix, Scribd, Facebook, it's a pain. But not with the forum.

We have the forum's security as tight as possible without impeding usage. Some VPN connections are oversaturated so in my case, I sometimes need to clear my cache and pick a new one. I'm not sure there's anything we can do to avoid this as VPNs use is a personal choice. I'm also on WiFi (not my choice) so I have interruptions multiple times a day where I need to do this reset.

But I'll see what else I can find. Feel free to offer comments and suggestions. though.

Regards,

Andre

-------------------
VIC Tech support
-------------------

When I use a VPN, I have issues with Netflix, Scribd, Facebook, it's a pain. But not with the forum.

We have the forum's security as tight as possible without impeding usage. Some VPN connections are oversaturated so in my case, I sometimes need to clear my cache and pick a new one. I'm not sure there's anything we can do to avoid this as VPNs use is a personal choice. I'm also on WiFi (not my choice) so I have interruptions multiple times a day where I need to do this reset.

But I'll see what else I can find. Feel free to offer comments and suggestions. though.

Regards,

Andre

-------------------
VIC Tech support
-------------------
I really don't have any issue with anything apart this forum. Nor Facebook, neither Amazon or any Institutional pages, or even Paypal. Maybe you are blocking some IPs?

I sometimes have issues with sites that use cloudflare or similar services, often I just have to solve a captcha and it lets me in. No problems with FB or PayPal though.

Hey there, I got an issue with VPN Pure and it's the only forum I get issues with, neither with institutional sites or whatsoever.
While I was impressed with PureVPN, there are still many areas that need improvement. For example, PureVPN doesn’t have advanced security features like RAM-only infrastructure, and you have to pay extra for security features like DDoS protection and port forwarding — other top VPNs like Private Internet Access include DDoS protection and port forwarding in their regular subscription price. Plus, PureVPN only allows P2P traffic on servers in 30+ countries, causes noticeable slowdowns on some remote servers, its live chat reps can’t answer advanced questions, and its email support is not always helpful.

Have you tried their troubleshooting feature?

Hope this helps,

André

-------------------
VIC Tech support
-------------------

I sometimes have issues with sites that use cloudflare or similar services, often I just have to solve a captcha and it lets me in. No problems with FB or PayPal though.
Facebook will have me jump through hoops to validate my identity due to noticing I connected via VPN, so it can't "locate me as usual." It could take up to 3 minutes just to log in. And it's the same for weeks at a time. VPNs are not created equal, and spammers using them doesn't help either. If you happen to connect with an IP that's abused, more trouble. Etc. We're condemned to sift through a "degraded and polluted online ecosystem."

André

-------------------
VIC Tech support
-------------------

Also about PureVPN... a few things worth noting?

Now, did this behaviour start lately (just loading), is this new or has been ongoing?

The other problem I get when using the VPN is this appears a lot when trying to post:

1675097949652.png

This is what I see in the browser console.

Code:
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. page-6
Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content. preamble.min.js:4:230
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 11
Request to access cookie or storage on “https://c.statcounter.com/t.php?sc_project=11444057&u1=B10803C6AF2B4F8B028B72DDC8CBE74D&java=1&security=b65a07e4&sc_snum=1&sess=a8f3c4&sc_rum_e_s=1588&sc_rum_e_e=1589&sc_rum_f_s=0&sc_rum_f_e=1585&p=0&rcat=d&rdomo=d&rdomg=14180&bb=1&jg=14180&rr=1619.781.383.309.232.17.5.4.3&resolution=2637&h=1104&camefrom=&u=https%3A//vi-control.net/community/conversations/redacted.81827/page-6%23convMessage-286707&t=redacted%20%7C%20Page%206%20%7C%20VI-CONTROL&get_config=true” was blocked because it came from a tracker and content blocking is enabled.
The resource at “https://vi-control.net/community/styles/fonts/fa/fa-brands-400-min.woff2?_v=5.15.3.1671735734” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly. page-6
PHP: <!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
<title>One moment, please...</title>
<style>
body {
    background: #F6F7F8;
    color: #303131;
    font-family: sans-serif;
    margin-top: 45vh;
    text-align: center;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Please wait while your request is being verified...</h1>
<form id="wsidchk-form" style="display:none;" action="/z0f76a1d14fd21a8fb5fd0d03e0fdc3d3cedae52f" method="get">
<input type="hidden" id="wsidchk" name="wsidchk"/>
</form>
<script>
(function(){
    var west=+((+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])),
        east=+((+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![])),
        x=function(){try{return !!window.addEventListener;}catch(e){return !!0;} },
        y=function(y,z){x() ? document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",y,z) : document.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",y);};
    y(function(){
        document.getElementById('wsidchk').value = west + east;
        document.getElementById('wsidchk-form').submit();
    }, false);
})();
</script>
</body>
</html> core-compiled.js:4:1659
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<form id="wsidchk-form" style="display:none;" action="/z0f76a1d14fd21a8fb5fd0d03e0fdc3d3cedae52f" method="get">
</form>
<script>
(function(){
    var west=+((+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])),
        east=+((+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])),
        y=function(y,z){x() ? document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",y,z) : document.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",y);};
    y(function(){
    }, false);
})();
</script>
</body>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</form>
<script>
(function(){
    var west=+((+!+[])+(+!+[]+[])+(+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])),
        east=+((+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])),
    y(function(){
    }, false);
})();
</script>
</body>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</form>
<script>
(function(){
    var west=+((+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])),
        east=+((+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+[])),
    y(function(){
    }, false);
})();
</script>
</body>

I assume this bit is the important part (if any of it is)
Code:
Request to access cookie or storage on “https://c.statcounter.com/t.php?sc_project=11444057&u1=B10803C6AF2B4F8B028B72DDC8CBE74D&java=1&security=b65a07e4&sc_snum=1&sess=a8f3c4&sc_rum_e_s=1588&sc_rum_e_e=1589&sc_rum_f_s=0&sc_rum_f_e=1585&p=0&rcat=d&rdomo=d&rdomg=14180&bb=1&jg=14180&rr=1619.781.383.309.232.17.5.4.3&resolution=2637&h=1104&camefrom=&u=https%3A//vi-control.net/community/conversations/redacted.81827/page-6%23convMessage-286707&t=redacted%20%7C%20Page%206%20%7C%20VI-CONTROL&get_config=true” was blocked because it came from a tracker and content blocking is enabled.
The resource at “https://vi-control.net/community/styles/fonts/fa/fa-brands-400-min.woff2?_v=5.15.3.1671735734” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly. page-6

The other problem I get when using the VPN is this appears a lot when trying to post:

1675097949652.png

This is what I see in the browser console.

Code:
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. page-6
Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content. preamble.min.js:4:230
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</form>
<script>
(function(){
    var west=+((+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])),
        east=+((+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![])),
    y(function(){
    }, false);
})();
</script>
</body>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</form>
<script>
(function(){
    var west=+((+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])),
        east=+((+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])),
    y(function(){
    }, false);
})();
</script>
</body>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</form>
<script>
(function(){
    var west=+((+!+[])+(+!+[]+[])+(+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])),
        east=+((+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])),
    y(function(){
    }, false);
})();
</script>
</body>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<style>
body {
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</form>
<script>
(function(){
    var west=+((+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![])+(+!+[]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])),
        east=+((+!+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+![])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!+[]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!+[]+!![]+[])),
    y(function(){
    }, false);
})();
</script>
</body>

I assume this bit is the important part (if any of it is)
Code:
Thank you David,

This is very helpful, I'll take a closer look.

Regards,

André

No, not always. It just sometimes does it, seems to be random. If I disable the VPN there's no problem, I'm using Mullvad VPN, Firefox on Debian testing.
Can you try a full official release version of FF and see if this occurs? And you're on Mac or PC?

Honestly, if the site is making things difficult for people to use VPNs, I consider that a good thing. :grin:

From a forum perspective, VPNs make it much more difficult to keep track of trolls/shills/bots/etc. (On a related topic, eliminating anonymity would probably eliminate 75% of all problems we have here.) So I have zero interest in making it easier for people to hide who they are.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why some users might have privacy concerns. The last thing I want is for my wife to see my Facebook feed and wonder why I'm suddenly getting a bunch of Animal Porn ads.

But VI-Control ain't that. So if you're having trouble logging in while on a VPN, my advice is ... don't log in with a VPN. Because with all due respect to the Privacy Warriors, there is an unfortunate subset of trolls amongst you, so I'm not spending any resources making the site easier for them.

Top Bottom