What's new

Is vsl going nuts ?

I actually thought that it was a very good humorous effort! Especially bearing in mind that they're not professional actors and are performing it in English. I thought that the script was rather good and was quite witty at times! Good effort all around for the level aimed at.

You can't please everyone.....apparently a lot of the Globes' attendees didn't get the Ricky Gervais' jokes.......although most of the joke targets, like Sir Paul McCartney, thought they were fun.....:)

Frank

I've seen a few of their videos and I love how they are not afraid to laugh at themselves, and I thought it was quite hilarious and also well scripted.

"a company resorting to this type of pathetic cheap shots at their competitors, shows poor business aptitude. That degrades it as a company.
They neglect one fundamental truth: the respect you get reflects the respect you show."

If you had any idea what goes on behind closed doors...you might not feel so outraged.

"a company resorting to this type of pathetic cheap shots at their competitors, shows poor business aptitude. That degrades it as a company.
They neglect one fundamental truth: the respect you get reflects the respect you show."

If you had any idea what goes on behind closed doors...you might not feel so outraged.

I agree. Alot of naivete in this thread.

I mean there's always another side to the story....and you're jumping to conclusions that you shouldn't be jumping on if you had the big picture.

If I had a different picture I'd probably "jump" to different conclusions, accordingly. What big picture do you have in mind?

Much history was erased when NS pulled the East West forum. "Someone" responded with "Northernenclosures" (a racy cartoon set to a "Desperate Housewife" type theme that pushed the envelope of humor right to the edge- or over depending upon your point of view) was also pulled offline. It was never exactly clear who was responsible. So a lot of fun humor, opinions, and racy comments were white-washed away leaving a nice clean-looking internet for your PC viewing pleasure.

I use both EW and VSL and I personally didn't find anything offensive about the VSL video, just good silly fun - its a parody for christ's sake (and nice to see their studio and the people - Herb's got a nice library!).

Can't anybody have a little fun these days? It seems everyone's PC noses are pushed so high these days that they have no tolerance.

Lighten up.

I'm sorry, you just called me, or my comment - intolerance? Then enlighten me, Sir: what makes you, or your comment - tolerant?

I'm sorry, you just called me, or my comment - intolerance? Then enlighten me, Sir: what makes you, or your comment - tolerant?

mf I wasn't directing my comments "at" you, just making a general observation of the current state of general intolerance and tension.

Now take your meds and calm down.

c026.gif

Lev Andropov: [annoyed] Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!

https://www.moviesoundscentral.com/wavs/armageddon/armageddon8.wav (https://www.moviesoundscentral.com/wavs/ ... eddon8.wav)

It's beyond insane, and they played it straight. An Austrian remake of Armageddon about sampling... all credit to 'em.

Yeah, they are joking, it's OK to have fun once in awhile, even if you are from Austria. They make some of the worlds best samples, just as do East West, so who cares, as long as they don't start a film company.. I hope VSL and EW will stay in business for a looong time so that we can continue to benefit from their great expertise.

Well said Markus.

My kudos to VSL for their attitude, humor,ò„ Àü‡„ Àüˆ„ Àü‰„ ÀüŠ„ Àü‹„ ÀüŒ„ Àü„ ÀüŽ

When something makes you laugh there could never be something wrong with that. It made me laugh, end of story.

When something makes you laugh there could never be something wrong with that. It made me laugh, end of story.

Uhm, ok ... imagine someone running around with a Gay Bacos T-Shirt.
Would your argument be still the same? Nothing against you and I highly respect you ... but I think you get the idea.

I simply mentioned that because I think there has been enough bashing amongst companies (looking towards NS) :)

Top Bottom