What's new

Is There a Way to "Snapshot" Libraries in the Event a Project Will Not Open Properly?

Stalemate

Shin Godzilla's Biggest Fan
Hi, everyone. How can I "snapshot" my Kontakt sessions in a way that allows me to later at least view (1) which libraries were used in a project, and (2) what configurations were made to those libraries on said project? I use Kontakt versions 5.7.3 and 6.6.1 in FL Studio 21, and I seek a method that provides a way of viewing logs (or something to that purpose) in the event that - God, forbid - what just happened in one of my FL projects happens again. In fact, a method of exporting this type of data to be imported into Kontakt later would be breathtakingly instrumental! (I may be asking too much.) This is all I am mainly wondering in this case, but feel free to continue reading if you want context or have suggestions for the cause...

An "Access violation..." error I first noticed days ago when attempting to open a recent FL project now suddenly prompts every time I open the project, where it will load everything else...until Kontakt 6: (Kontakt in Windows prompt window): "
The state of some Kontakt instances cannot be recalled correctly... Please open any Kontakt instance to resolve the problem."; then it engages an infinite project-loading process, as if waiting on Kontakt 6 to "finish" loading. Then, I have to force-close the entire session, which is when the following prompt (Exhibit A, below) shows: "Access violation at address 0007ffac23e in module kontakt 6.vst3... Read of address 0000000000049.", as well as a "Missing Content" (Kontakt) window, which I cannot even switch to because the other (ilbridge) prompt, which obscures and closes the Kontakt window as well if I close said prompt, demands I click OK, first. So, after researching possible solutions, I came across, and implemented, a Data Execution Protection protocol, adding ilbrige.exe and FL.exe to the whitelist; that seems to have resulted in an additional prompt - something about "Exception EAccessViolation in module Kontakt 6.vst3 at 0000~. Read of address 0000~."

I won't understate it; I am extremely pleased with how the particular song project turned out so far, which is why I so desperately and stubbornly refuse to give up on resolving the Kontakt-Windows/FL Studio conflict - whichever it is. I'm not very smart at all, and I know little about computers from a software aspect beyond the basics, though I try to learn what I can. This one, though... This is somewhat beyond me. I appreciate any information you guys might have to share on this
causal front! :2thumbs:

EDIT: How foolish of me, but I forgot to mention that Kontakt 6 Standalone works perfectly and loads the libraries fine. Additionally, Kontakt 6 VST3 not only runs fine within the DAW, but I can successfully save NEW test sessions with it - and reopen the same sessions later without error. How ominous.

What I have tried
:

- disabling UAC
- setting the .exe files to Run in Compatibility Mode
- adding the aforementioned .exe files to Data Execution Protection whitelist
- running FL 11 in compatibility mode, as well at the 32bit and 64bit versions
- disabling Windows Security features
- ensured kontakt 6.vst3 is NOT Read-Only
- updated Windows (partly)
- removed updates from Windows (partly)
- restarted PC
- uninstalled, and cleaned my computer of, Kontakt 6 before reinstalling it (Note: I did not touch the Registry and do not know if that was scrubbed during uninstall, but I did use RevoUninstaller)
- Windows 10 memory check
- basically everything in this video:
- installed FL Studio 21 (trial) - *interesting note here*: I still get the initial "cannot recall Kontakt state" prompt, but the project actually opens just fine, and when I close it, there is no ilbridge window prompt. Very interesting, indeed... What the heck does that even mean?
- my brain is so well-fried from researching, running diagnostics, and staring at the screen that I don't remember the other myriad of things attempted, nor can I see clearly, anymore

Actions performed in the last week:
- used Add Library to re-register a number of libraries. (Yes, I know it has been subsumed into Native Access)
- ran Native Access
- removed 8DIO 1932 Piano library from my computer to elsewhere

Laptop Specs:
- HP Pavilion Notebook running Windows 10 Home
- 64-bit OS and 2.2 GHz, x64-based processor; 16 GB RAM
- AMD A8-7410 APU w/Radeon R5 Graphics

Attachments

• Exhibit A.jpg
    Exhibit A.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Exhibit B.jpg
    Exhibit B.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Exhibit C.jpg
    Exhibit C.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I suspect the bridge might be the issue here. Can you run it natively (meaning without a bridge)?

Regarding how to automatically make note of which Kontakt instances are loaded and what settings have been applied to them, I don't know of any way to do this. But I tend to name each track a descriptive version of the instrument used, and if your DAW supports keeping notes inside of each track, then you can also write down what general settings you're using.

I suspect the bridge might be the issue here. Can you run it natively (meaning without a bridge)?

Regarding how to automatically make note of which Kontakt instances are loaded and what settings have been applied to them, I don't know of any way to do this. But I tend to name each track a descriptive version of the instrument used, and if your DAW supports keeping notes inside of each track, then you can also write down what general settings you're using.
Oh - my apologies. Yes, I can! Kontakt 6 Standalone runs perfectly fine. Also, Kontakt 6 VST3 appears to run perfectly fine in the DAW, as well - no prompts. One of my diagnostic tests showed that not only did it open just fine within the DAW, but I was also able to open the same libraries (as used in the problematic case's project), save them along with some notation utilizing them, and reopen the Kontakt 6 project later - zero issues. This both narrows things down and confuses me... It isn't as if I have a list of possible errors to look out for. Just stumbling blindly, but considering "the bridge could be the issue", I (want to allow myself to) feel somewhat relieved I might at least have something concrete to blame the error on. Thanks for asking this!

Last edited:
If your testing indicates that it works well without the bridge, I think you can likely say that it's the culprit here.

There's a couple of clues: first, in your screenshot, you can see that the "ilbridge" process is the one which actually has the error.

Second, a bridging system is exactly the type of thing that would need to access memory in other processes, so it makes sense that an access violation error would occur in certain configurations.

If your testing indicates that it works well without the bridge, I think you can likely say that it's the culprit here.

There's a couple of clues: first, in your screenshot, you can see that the "ilbridge" process is the one which actually has the error.

Second, a bridging system is exactly the type of thing that would need to access memory in other processes, so it makes sense that an access violation error would occur in certain configurations.
Wow. I never really made that connection, but it makes sense to my ears. One other person shared your suspicions toward the ilbridge being the culprit. I really appreciate the help, QuiteAlright! Thanks! Reckon I'd better hit an FL forum and Image-line's support team on this one.

Top Bottom