What's new

Is there a way to set a predefined scale or key in arpeggiator sequences?

eyeweaver

Hello everybody

Sorry, it's a nope question..
Generally in arpeggiators.. say in Refx Nexus or Omnisphere..
is there a way to set a predefined scale or key for sequences?
These are two screenshots from Omnisphere and Nexus.. in both cases, these sequences don't harmonize with any chords I'm playing.. As if they have a mind of their own.. How do you usually get them to match the key or scale you are playing?

Thank you in advance for help :)
Is there a way to set a predefined scale or key in arpeggiator sequences? Is there a way to set a predefined scale or key in arpeggiator sequences?

In U-He Hive you can enable/disable the notes of the scale/key you're using or right click on the circles of the notes to get a list of presets:

1714589434639.png
Thank you so much Pier.
I'll check Hive out.. hopefully there's a way to do this too in Omnisphere and Nexus

I don't have Omni anymore, but I assume that if you click and drag, or click and select or right-click these things you should be able to pick better intervals Is there a way to set a predefined scale or key in arpeggiator sequences?

And I don't know Nexus, but if you click on this, can you not select a standard arp instead of a sequencer? Is there a way to set a predefined scale or key in arpeggiator sequences?

I don't have Omni anymore, but I assume that if you click and drag, or click and select or right-click these things you should be able to pick better intervals 1714596010977.png

And I don't know Nexus, but if you click on this, can you not select a standard arp instead of a sequencer? 1714596063220.png
in Omnisphere I can chengae these settings.. but this means I'll have to set the scale manually note by note.. I don't think this is practical..
As for Nexus.. changing the sequence to a regular arp changes the sequence it self.. and how it sounds..

Blue Arp (I didn't check it for years) and Stochas are free and I know that you can set custom key and scale in Stochas and there is Stepic also advanced arpeggiator.
I know that people who are doing ambient music are using Stochas and Stepic because you can set randomness in them so that you don't have same thing repeating over and over.

I use 'Stepic' with Omnisphere, for the reason the Op mentioned. It cost €39, but I think it is worth the price. The amount you can do with it will have you busy for years. The Dev has many tutorial vids and does update the App when needed.

I use 'Stepic' with Omnisphere, for the reason the Op mentioned. It cost €39, but I think it is worth the price. The amount you can do with it will have you busy for years. The Dev has many tutorial vids and does update the App when needed.

I'll give it a try.. thank you

I got it.. but when I tried to use it.. there's no sound coing out.. it doesn't seem to be detecting my midi controller at all !
Top right of Stepic there is a button that says "Midi Play". It is under the Pattern Selector. By default it is set to "Sync to host". Change it to "Note On" and it will play when you hit a key.

Agree w all of the above regarding Stepic. I love Omnisphere’s arp but I’ll throw Stepic in front of Omnisphere half the time because it’s quicker and easier.

Top Bottom