What's new

Introducing The Banjo!

tcollins

Banjo header 4_1.jpg

We're pleased to announce our newest (and most requested) library, The Banjo!

For Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher full version. Yes, we tested it in Kontakt 7 and it works brilliantly (there's even an audio preview).

Only $59 USD

• New cleaner and more versatile design for our articulation velocity controls.
  • The Pickin' Arpeggiator lets you just hold a chord while it plays authentic banjo rolls.
  • Auto Harmony.
  • Hold a chord and trigger single down and up strums.
  • We took our cue from a famous banjo player for miking our Banjo, and the Mixer gives you control over the level and panning of both mics (one LDC and one SDC).
As always, our No Shenanigans policy means that our audio and video demos show exactly how the instrument works and sounds, and we include MIDI files of some of the demos.

Thank-you!
-TC

Last edited:
Looks (and sounds) great - I can't wait to play it! :cool:

I see there are no "canned" chord voicings, and no "chord recognition" mode - what you play is what you get.

You mention in the video about holding down the same note through various chord changes to get an idiomatic banjo sound.

I assume that is the sort of thing that drove that decision to use a WYPIWYG approach with The Banjo?

Looks (and sounds) great - I can't wait to play it! :cool:

I see there are no "canned" chord voicings, and no "chord recognition" mode - what you play is what you get.

You mention in the video about holding down the same note through various chord changes to get an idiomatic banjo sound.

I assume that is the sort of thing that drove that decision to use a WYPIWYG approach with The Banjo?
Yes, the normal (guitar) rules didn't seem to apply to a banjo. A banjo player is constantly moving through fingerings and using the drone 5th string, and it would be almost impossible to do with canned chords.

Looks awesome. Indiginus instruments are such an excellent value. They are also very straight forward and intuitive to use.

Question: Does the Note Resolution on the Picker include 1/8 triplets and 1/16 triplets?

Does this library have the same problem as The Steel that the slides, grace notes and other similar articulations speed can't be changed and that they do not follow bpm which somewhat prevents playing fast music with it, or has that been solved?

Does this library have the same problem as The Steel that the slides, grace notes and other similar articulations speed can't be changed and that they do not follow bpm which somewhat prevents playing fast music with it, or has that been solved?
The Banjo's articulations like hammer-ons, pull-offs, grace notes, and trills can be set to note values that sync to your DAW. It has quick finger-slides rather than the kind created on a lap steel with a metal slide.

The Steel (and The Resonator) have sampled slides that are dependent on the original performance, although the speed of slides of different intervals were designed to sound natural in most situations, and the intervals themselves require a certain time to traverse with a metal slide. The point was to make them sound the most natural, without introducing artifacts by changing the speed of the samples.

Grabbed it - fantastic library and just the sound I was looking for. Now I need to master all the articulation switches

Imma grab this, I already own Blue Street Brass and The Resonator. Blue Street Brass is one of my most loved libraries, the tone is absolutely amazing!

Great developers. I wish you guys would do more wind libraries! It would be nobrainer instabuys

Congratulations on another winner! I bought and downloaded The Banjo yesterday. It sounds great, but what impressed me the most was the intuitive simplicity of the GUI. With an instrument like this, there are unlimited ways to put all the controls into the graphical interface, but the way you did it with The Banjo, in my opinion, is arguably perfection attained. Having the three optional play modes selectable on the main screen with the primary controls contained in them is brilliant.

Top Bottom