What's new

Introducing: Space Age Voices!

authentic-soundware

AUTHENTIC SOUNDWARE
presents

SPACE AGE VOICES

THE AUTHENTIC SOUNDS OF A MIDCENTURY STUDIO VOCAL ENSEMBLE

AS-SAV_cover_800px_new_intro.jpg

Space Age Voices brings the authentic sound of a midcentury studio vocal ensemble to your digital audio workstation. This unique library features a group of three elite NYC session singers performing stylistically-specific articulations and techniques that deliver vintage personality and charm that is out of this world!

Create swooping retro melodies with two legato modes, smooth gliding chords with dedicated poly-glide articulations, and zippy vocal hooks with an advanced syllable repetition script. Then dial in your ideal vintage tone using three mic positions recorded at iconic Sear Sound Studio A in midtown Manhattan using their unrivaled collection of rare microphones. These sounds will rocket your next production to the stars!

BUY NOW

$79* INTRO $119 REGULAR

*see below for a note about loyalty pricing

LOYALTY DISCOUNT
We’re offering an additional discount to customers who already own another product in the Space Age Orchestra series. For those users, a coupon code will be sent via separate email. If you own Space Age Pop or Space Age Rhythm, and don’t receive the code, please contact us.

These sound fantastic! Will definitely pick them up. But I can't help but wonder...what horns and strings are in these demos? They also sound fantastic!
Thanks! The horns in the trailer are from one of the construction kits in Space Age Pop! Most, but not all of the strings and brass are from Space Age Pop. Most of the rhythm section playing is from either Space Age Pop and/or Space Age Rhythm.

You can see/hear the demo of the track on the trailer here:

Last edited:
This sounds wonderful. Really love that it was recorded at Sear too.
I always though that a proper documentary on Walter Sear/Sear Studios would be fantastic.
Sear Sound is such a wonderful place. I've already recorded the next library there too. I was thinking of asking them if I could do a little video of the studio next time I'm in. I'll see.

If you're interested, there's a wonderful profile of Walter in a very old issue of TapeOp. But you need to have access to the archives, I think.

EDIT: here is that article.

Last edited:
Sear Sound is such a wonderful place. I've already recorded the next library there too. I was thinking of asking them if I could do a little video of the place next time I'm in. I'll see.

If you're interested, there's a wonderful profile of Walter in a very old issue of TapeOp. But you need to have access to the archives, I think.
I've read the Tape Op interview a few times. ha. It is quite wonderful. It's online btw from Tape Op.

If you could record something that would be really cool. His early Moog influence alone is super interesting. It's one of those studios that seems to have not got the documentary it deserved. Wally Heider & the Stones mobile spring to mind too.

I've read the Tape Op interview a few times. ha. It is quite wonderful. It's online btw from Tape Op.

If you could record something that would be really cool. His early Moog influence alone is super interesting. It's one of those studios that seems to have not got the documentary it deserved. Wally Heider & the Stones mobile spring to mind too.
Ha! Yeah, he sounds pretty grumpy in that interview. "The bass player from the Beatles." indeed.

The percussion for Space Age Rhythm was recorded at the Relic Room, where they have one of Wally Heider's old tape machines from the mobile rig. We were day dreaming about what famous stuff might have been recorded on that machine, but no way to know.

Lovely! Any chance you’ll ever make a corresponding library with male singers?
I’ve been forever looking for something that can help me come close to composing in the style of Burt Bacharach’s vocal works (South American Getaway), and now you’re halfway there!

Last edited:
Wow, what a brilliant piece of kit! Can't wait to try these with my ProjectSam Swing and Swing More libs. What a lovely voice 😍

Am I hearing something in the release on the Ah legato patches, or are these more difficult to work with when doing demos?

Last edited:
Lovely! Any chance you’ll ever make a corresponding library with male singers?
I’ve been forever looking for something that can help me come close to composing in the style of Burt Bacharach’s vocal works (South American Getaway), and now you’re halfway there!
Hi there, well it's certainly possible. 😉 I'll have to see how this one is received and where the male vocals would fit in to the production timeline . I do wish that I had the male vocals too, myself.

Am I hearing something in the release on the Ah legato patches, or are these more difficult to work with when doing demos?
Hmm, is it maybe the fall releases? Check out 14:30 in the in-depth walkthrough video. The fall release keys are pretty cool because you can hold your sustain or legato notes for as long as you want and then trigger a fall release at the exact moment you need. So, you're not tied to the specific length of the full fall articulation samples. There are two lengths of fall releases too.

Also, I just realized that I forgot to mention in that video that, for the long vowels, the mod wheel modulates the length of the release samples. At louder volumes, the releases are shorter, and it lower volumes the releases are longer.

Hmm, is it maybe the fall releases? Check out 14:30 in the in-depth walkthrough video. The fall release keys are pretty cool because you can hold your sustain or legato notes for as long as you want and then trigger a fall release at the exact moment you need. So, you're not tied to the specific length of the full fall articulation samples. There are two lengths of fall releases too.

Also, I just realized that I forgot to mention in that video that, for the long vowels, the mod wheel modulates the length of the release samples. At louder volumes, the releases are shorter, and it lower volumes the releases are longer.
Ah, yeah it does sound like modulation, I wasn't sure what I heard. Makes sense. Great work!

Boy - wouldn't it be lovely if there was a BUNDLE for this voices one and the previous space-age libraries (Rhythm and Pop) ;) all three together. Great niche libraries!

Boy - wouldn't it be lovely if there was a BUNDLE for this voices one and the previous space-age libraries (Rhythm and Pop) ;) all three together. Great niche libraries!
Ha! Yeah, wasn't sure if this one was too niche (even by AS standards) to include in the bundle. But if that's what people want, I'm definitely up for adding it to the bundle. (For those not familiar, Rob is talking about this.)

Now I could finally make a song like this one lmao

Though on a listen and look at the short articulations i wish there were more variations like from a doo to a da or a doo (or zooh) to a ruu, etc specially since itd make those fast repetitions feel more alive and able to hold a melody on their own. But then again I still don’t own the library so I can’t fully judge its capability on scat singing just yet.

Bought.
Wonderful as every library you did, Jared.

Now I‘m dreaming of a smooth Bossa Nova style Vocal FollowUp.
Maybe with some simple syllables & builder?
Anyway, I'm excited to see what you have on offer next time.

Cheers

Top Bottom