What's new

Introducing LIMINAL: Vol.1 Chamber String Textures

Hi Friends!

Today I am releasing my very first Sample Library: LIMINAL Vol.1 Chamber String Textures. This is a collection of closely recorded Violin, Viola and Cello samples. The library works with the FREE HALion Sonic SE plugin.

Gumroad_Thumbnail.png

The library's articulations are aleatoric, long and evolving, with the performer imparting character and movement into each sample. Recorded closely and dry, the sounds are intended to add unpredictable nuance, detail and creative imperfection. This is not for fast passages or soaring melodies. It is especially suited as a collection of naturalistic pads for underscoring or ethereal soundscapes.

The user-interface allows articulations to be layered, mixed and reversed. LFO controls can be enabled, allowing your DAW's tempo to dictate the modulation of an individual layer's volume. This opens the door for tempo-synced swells and unleashes even more creative possibilities for evolving texture.

FEATURES:

• Built for the FREE Halion Sonic SE plugin. No additional purchase required.
• VST3, VST2, AU and AAX compatible host
• 1.2 GB of samples Uncompressed(833 MB download size)
• 9 Core Articulations
• 6 Creatively Processed Articulations
• 50 Presets

Here's a quick look at 10 of the available presets...

The library is available now for the introductory price of $29, which is 50% off the non-sale price of $58. Intro price ends October 25th

To purchase or find more information, visit our website: www.crocussoundware.com

Thanks for looking! :)
-Robert

Hi Friends!

Today I am releasing my very first Sample Library: LIMINAL Vol.1 Chamber String Textures. This is a collection of closely recorded Violin, Viola and Cello samples. The library works with the FREE HALion Sonic SE plugin.
Hi Robert,
Congratulations on your first library, which sounds really good!
Just a question, because I have never used HALion Sonic: are the sounds playable (transposable) on a keyboard (the video does not show this)?
If so, in mono or poly?
If not, is it possible to transpose from the GUI or DAW?
Thank you!

Sounds awesome, congratulations!

I could not find it anywhere. How many string players are there?
I usually work with real musicians after the mockup. Is there any indication of how they can achieve these effects?

Sounds great! Are the different instruments playing at the same time in there initial recording or can you play individual instruments and layer them yourself?

Sounds great! Are the different instruments playing at the same time in there initial recording or can you play individual instruments and layer them yourself?
Yes, except it's not the individual instruments but rather the 17 articulations/textures that you can turn on/off, layer, etc.

Sounds awesome, congratulations!

I could not find it anywhere. How many string players are there?
I usually work with real musicians after the mockup. Is there any indication of how they can achieve these effects?
Thank you! :) There are 3 players on most of the articulations. Technically, it is the same player(me) performing 3 times, and then I combine the 3 performances together to create the sample, with a bit of spatial separation added between the performers. As far as effects, I aimed for a sort of flourishments- per-minute approach, whether that be accentuated re-bowing or a bit of ricochet. As I recorded and layered the performances together to create the sample, I made sure there was consistent but random spacing between those flourishments.

Hi Robert,
Congratulations on your first library, which sounds really good!
Just a question, because I have never used HALion Sonic: are the sounds playable (transposable) on a keyboard (the video does not show this)?
If so, in mono or poly?
If not, is it possible to transpose from the GUI or DAW?
Thank you!
Thank you very much! Yes, you can transpose within the HALions. Here's a relevent link to HALion SE's manual...

https://steinberg.help/halion_sonic...midi_editing_and_controllers/midi_page_r.html

Sorry still a bit confused, is this library just aleatoric effects? Or is it a playable library, like a range across the keyboard able to play chords and such? There was no visual of what the keyboard was doing so still not sure.

I love the sound of this, but I am only interested in buying if it’s actually playable!

If @Crocus Soundware could explain it a bit more that would be appreciated!

Top Bottom