What's new

Installing Kontakt.exe on a mac with Codeweavers Crossover

berto

Hello,

i'm on MAC but i was intrigued by Codeweavers Crossover which apparently "transforms" windows software in order to be used on a MAC.

Sonar is supposed to work with it...

I tried with Cakewalk but Cakewalk needs 64bit Windows, so it did not work.

Then I wanted to try with Kontakt, but Crossover needs to see the .exe file to install it.
Where can i find the .exe installer? Being on a MAC, with Native Access, my MAC is recognised and it downloads the MAC version and installs it automatically, and i don't even see the installer.
But i need the windows version of Kontakt because sometimes I do my custom instruments but when I go to my friends studio which is much better than mine but they have windows sometimes my instrument won’t load some samples. Is there a way for me to download just the .exe file from NI using my MAC so I can test what I do?

Thank you

B.

Last edited:
Hello,

i'm on MAC but i was intrigued by Codeweavers Crossover which apparently "transforms" windows software in order to be used on a MAC.

Sonar is supposed to work with it...

I tried with Cakewalk but Cakewalk needs 64bit Windows, so it did not work.

Then I wanted to try with Kontakt, but Crossover needs to see the .exe file to install it.
Where can i find the .exe installer? Being on a MAC, with Native Access, my MAC is recognised and it downloads the MAC version and installs it automatically, and i don't even see the installer.
But i need the windows version of Kontakt because sometimes I do my custom instruments but when I go to my friends studio which is much better than mine but they have windows sometimes my instrument won’t load some samples. Is there a way for me to download just the .exe file from NI using my MAC so I can test what I do?

Thank you

B.
did you find any answers?

Top Bottom