What's new

Install HOOPUS Orchestrator Using 211 GB Instead Of 944 GB

peterharket

Music is life
Hi there folks!
Here is a walkthrough of how to install just the bare minimum to run the orchestrator in HOOPUS (Main Mics Only) - please excuse my capital letter OCD:

1. Register HOOPUS in the EW Installation Center.

2. Open Opus -> Open Preferences ("cmd" + ",") -> Select "Locations" -> Set "On Demand Download Directory" To Preferred Location.

3. Open Opus -> Select "Browse" -> Select "Search" -> Change Filter From “Category” To “Library” (Right Below "Search") -> Select "None" On All Filters To Display All Instruments.

4. Download The Main / Default Mics By Clicking The Cloud Icons Next To The Instruments (Shift-Click On An Instrument Further Down While Having Selected An Instrument Higher Up To Queue All The Instruments Between The Selected One And The Clicked One - Be Careful Not To Choose TOO Many In One Go Though, As Opus Will Freeze). It Is Important That You Do This On ALL The 1808 Instruments For The Orchestrator To Work Properly.

5. If Any Instruments Gives You A “Download Error”, Then Open A Ticket With EastWest Customer Support, And They Will Provide You With The Missing Instrument(s) And The Library Path(s).

6. Go Back Into EW Installation Center And Click The Cog Next To Each Of The Uninstalled Libraries And Click “Locate” - Then Locate The Corresponding Libraries.

7. Click The Cog Next To Each Of The Libraries Again (Now In The Installed Area Slightly Below), And Select “Update Instruments”. This Cements The Library Path, And Enables The Instruments To Be Loaded Directly Into RAM Instead Of Having To Download Them First (Replacing The Existing Files) And Then Loading Them Into RAM, Significantly Reducing Loading Time.

8. Enjoy The Orchestrator And All Main Microphone Version Of The Individual Instruments Of HOOPUS!

Last edited:
That's for Composer Cloud Subscriber, innit? When you have the Perpetual there's no a la carte, you have download the whole library.

Something that perpetual license have in favor is that there's never a missing instrument, unless you load patches from Orchestrator that asks for the Solo Violin or Cello and that's gone. Against is needing the space, of course.

Can the orchestrator be used without the main mix? What if you only want to use say vintage and one other mic position. Would the orchestrator be fully functional? Or do the pre-fab orchestrator robot arp thingies need the main one.

You might be able to do that, but then you have to download the entire shabam and then delete the mics you don't need. With my method, you just download the main mics directly.

Great tip! For me, downloading the whole set and then deleting the extra mics is actually easier than individually downloading every instrument and fixing download errors. Plus, that way, I can keep the close mics as well. But it's still nice to see that there's a second way of doing it for those with less free HDD space.

Do you know of any way to download individual mics other than main? That could tip me over the edge to download everything via the individual method.

Great tip! For me, downloading the whole set and then deleting the extra mics is actually easier than individually downloading every instrument and fixing download errors. Plus, that way, I can keep the close mics as well. But it's still nice to see that there's a second way of doing it for those with less free HDD space.

Do you know of any way to download individual mics other than main? That could tip me over the edge to download everything via the individual method.
No, I don’t unfortunately - if you press soft or epic after having loaded a patch, you get an “missing samples error”, and I’m not sure how you would download those :/

Had an extra look, and when you go load a patch and then select either soft or epic there us a cloud icon in the top right hand corner of the error prompt which lets you download the mic position for that patch. This had escaped me, as I had only recognized the grayed out "Download" button below. So it is doable, but it would be extremely tedious to download the additional mic positions this way.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 11.29.58.png

Had an extra look, and when you go load a patch and then select either soft or epic there us a cloud icon in the top right hand corner of the error prompt which lets you download the mic position for that patch. This had escaped me, as I had only recognized the grayed out "Download" button below. So it is doable, but it would be extremely tedious to download the additional mic positions this way.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 11.29.58.png
Awesome, that actually seems pretty useful to me. I'm assuming there's also some way to select the individual sounds and then click on download too.

Hy. If you delete other mics on ssd, don't you have an error message missing samples every time you open orcherstrator or instruments or performances? You have to save each preset with only main mic on before ? Thanks a lot.

How much is the actual download for the whole of Hoopus? Are the files compressed so they are not "as much" in the download, until they are opened up on your SSD?

How much is the actual download for the whole of Hoopus? Are the files compressed so they are not "as much" in the download, until they are opened up on your SSD?
when downloading through EW Installation Center I believe they come in zip files, Im not sure if they are compressed but from what I remember their wasn't much difference between the download size and the install size

when downloading through EW Installation Center I believe they come in zip files, Im not sure if they are compressed but from what I remember their wasn't much difference between the download size and the install size
Hi Rat, thanks for filling me in with that info.

Reactions: rat
Hi there folks!
Here is a walkthrough of how to install just the bare minimum to run the orchestrator in HOOPUS (Main Mics Only) - please excuse my capital letter OCD:

1. Register HOOPUS in the EW Installation Center.

2. Open Opus -> Open Preferences ("cmd" + ",") -> Select "Locations" -> Set "On Demand Download Directory" To Preferred Location.

3. Open Opus -> Select "Browse" -> Select "Search" -> Change Filter From “Category” To “Library” (Right Below "Search") -> Select "None" On All Filters To Display All Instruments.

4. Download The Main / Default Mics By Clicking The Cloud Icons Next To The Instruments (Shift-Click On An Instrument Further Down While Having Selected An Instrument Higher Up To Queue All The Instruments Between The Selected One And The Clicked One - Be Careful Not To Choose TOO Many In One Go Though, As Opus Will Freeze). It Is Important That You Do This On ALL The 1808 Instruments For The Orchestrator To Work Properly.

5. If Any Instruments Gives You A “Download Error”, Then Open A Ticket With EastWest Customer Support, And They Will Provide You With The Missing Instrument(s) And The Library Path(s).

6. Go Back Into EW Installation Center And Click The Cog Next To Each Of The Uninstalled Libraries And Click “Locate” - Then Locate The Corresponding Libraries.

7. Click The Cog Next To Each Of The Libraries Again (Now In The Installed Area Slightly Below), And Select “Update Instruments”. This Cements The Library Path, And Enables The Instruments To Be Loaded Directly Into RAM Instead Of Having To Download Them First (Replacing The Existing Files) And Then Loading Them Into RAM, Significantly Reducing Loading Time.

8. Enjoy The Orchestrator And All Main Microphone Version Of The Individual Instruments Of HOOPUS!
how to remove other files if you already downloaded 900gb ..need help

I have the purchased version - Any issues over time from doing this ?

Do similar to BBC SO, and trying uninstall libraries.

I have bought a 4tb SSD = It needs to fit on there or it is not staying (in Theory!)

Some people will say 4TB is more than enough! Others , who suffer GAS , will know that it is but a number....

I have the purchased version - Any issues over time from doing this ?

Do similar to BBC SO, and trying uninstall libraries.

I have bought a 4tb SSD = It needs to fit on there or it is not staying (in Theory!)

Some people will say 4TB is more than enough! Others , who suffer GAS , will know that it is but a number....
I've had no issues with this method. Works great!

Top Bottom