What's new

Inspirata Reverb from Inspired Acoustics!

Thank you for those details. Appreciated. :) We live and die by scoring stages here, so the more the better please.

By measurements you mean what specifically? You provide exact measurements and absorption rates etc, and we plug them in?
All rooms of Inspirata contain and process the actual on-site measurement data. We need to go to each venue physically, spend hours, or in larger spaces, days in there, and then post process what we measured. An exciting and exhausting process but each hall is documented in such detail that the data can be used for different purposes. For example, at the Liszt Academy of Music, the acoustic data that also went into Inspirata was the reference acoustical data during the physical refurbishment of the hall.

All rooms of Inspirata contain and process the actual on-site measurement data. We need to go to each venue physically, spend hours, or in larger spaces, days in there, and then post process what we measured. An exciting and exhausting process but each hall is documented in such detail that the data can be used for different purposes. For example, at the Liszt Academy of Music, the acoustic data that also went into Inspirata was the reference acoustical data during the physical refurbishment of the hall.
that is superb technique. Thank you for the info.

Upgraded to personal yesterday and downloaded it overnight..
Looking forward to checking it out this evening..

Downloaded during the day today, turns out it copies the download to the "Users" folder too within Windows? so it takes up 135gb x2 worth of drive space?

This is very strange! as it didn't copy over all of the room files either which is frustrating.

I have filed a support ticket but wondered if others have encountered this on Windows?

Downloaded during the day today, turns out it copies the download to the "Users" folder too within Windows? so it takes up 135gb x2 worth of drive space?

This is very strange! as it didn't copy over all of the room files either which is frustrating.

I have filed a support ticket but wondered if others have encountered this on Windows?
I set up a data folder in the settings of their app and it appears to have downloaded all of the room packs there. I can't say whether it downloaded it elsewhere but after the installation was done, there were no new files in my Windows download folder.

Weird behavior from the downloader on the full roompack. I let it run overnight and it claimed to have finished the next morning, but there was no downloaded data. I'm running it again right now, and it keeps stalling out. Sometimes when it stalls, the amount downloaded will freeze but it will still show a transfer rate. Much of the time, the elapsed time glitches out and flickers back and forth every second between two numbers without progressing. Additionally, the amount of data in the download folder is, according to the file manager, vastly larger than the amount it claims to have downloaded, even when the download seems to be tracking correctly.

I'll file a support ticket tomorrow if I can't get it working.

Weird behavior from the downloader on the full roompack. I let it run overnight and it claimed to have finished the next morning, but there was no downloaded data. I'm running it again right now, and it keeps stalling out. Sometimes when it stalls, the amount downloaded will freeze but it will still show a transfer rate. Much of the time, the elapsed time glitches out and flickers back and forth every second between two numbers without progressing. Additionally, the amount of data in the download folder is, according to the file manager, vastly larger than the amount it claims to have downloaded, even when the download seems to be tracking correctly.

I had similar issues (including the time glitches etc.) but after a few resets (including the Inspirata downloader auto updating itself at the 80% completed stage!) it eventually finished after about 3 days. Frustrating, but worth the hassle in the end.

These spaces sound stunning. Here's a quick test with a dry sampled piano run through the Scots' Church from the perspective of the centre front row, followed by the same bit of playing from the perspective of the centre again, 5th row from the back of the Church. The clarity and detail is impressive:

That "rear" example is very convincing, much more so than some other plugins with similar concepts. Interesting....

Finally downloaded successfully ... I think. Can a Windows user confirm the size of the Product folder in INSPIRATA_Roompack_Full for me? (Right click the folder, choose Properties, and check the size.) I've got 134 GB (144,662,507,765 bytes).

Please submit a ticket indeed. Your network configuration is probably one of those few we would like to better understand. Please send as much techical detail as possible (ISP provider, NAT configuration, route type, Wi-Fi or wired etc). Also we will ask for a few log files on your system. Your help is much appreciated.

Please submit a ticket indeed. Your network configuration is probably one of those few we would like to better understand. Please send as much techical detail as possible (ISP provider, NAT configuration, route type, Wi-Fi or wired etc). Also we will ask for a few log files on your system. Your help is much appreciated.
Will do. I'll open a ticket tomorrow.

Finally downloaded successfully ... I think. Can a Windows user confirm the size of the Product folder in INSPIRATA_Roompack_Full for me? (Right click the folder, choose Properties, and check the size.) I've got 134 GB (144,662,507,765 bytes).
It's up around there anyway depending on the format..

I had said 'there's no way I'm wasting that on a reverb..', but after playing around with it last night it does seem kind of amazing..

That's exactly what I see in Win.

Please use the new released IA connect 1.0.14.
It speed-up the download speed dramatically.
For me it was from max. 1 MB/s to 8 - 10 MB/s in Germany.

I had similar issues (including the time glitches etc.) but after a few resets (including the Inspirata downloader auto updating itself at the 80% completed stage!) it eventually finished after about 3 days. Frustrating, but worth the hassle in the end.

These spaces sound stunning. Here's a quick test with a dry sampled piano run through the Scots' Church from the perspective of the centre front row, followed by the same bit of playing from the perspective of the centre again, 5th row from the back of the Church. The clarity and detail is impressive:

Craig, how you're using Inspirata, as insert/all wet (no jokes please) or there's some dry signal there? Beautiful sound, what piano is it, if you don't mind?

Reactions: CGR
Hi, I just finished to mix this percussion ensemble (my students) using exclusively Inspirata Personal for pan and reverb, with 10 instances (one for each player). Instruments was recorded with only one mic (cheap), with more or less close sound, and without room ambience.

I used this configuration in all of instances (with, obviously, different position each). Really is the default configuration:

zzzins.jpg

I must to say: I really love this plugin! Is awesome! Thanks for existing :)

Craig, how you're using Inspirata, as insert/all wet (no jokes please) or there's some dry signal there? Beautiful sound, what piano is it, if you don't mind?
Hey Rob – I'm using it as a aux send 100% wet, and adjusting the send amount and aux fader amount. On the sample I posted I had the Inspirata controls set as:

• Pre-delay of 6ms,
• Direct/Reverberant slider at 50%
• Purity at .25 and the Width at 20 (which adjusts the width of both source and 'listener')
• Low cut at 220Hz, and High Cut at 12kHz

I also realised after I uploaded the track to Soundcloud that I unintentionally had a stock Logic compressor on the output bus, so it sounds a little "squashed" at the higher volume levels. I'll replace the track without the compressor.

The piano is an interesting one. I've spent the last 2 weeks moving my aging Mac Pro system across to a new machine, which gave me the chance the re-assess all the sample libraries and plugins I've accumulated, and make a call on which ones make the cut.

The piano in the test above is the very first VSL Bosendorfer 290 Imperial (not the later-released Vienna Imperial which has 3 mic perspectives). It runs in the older Vienna Instruments engine, and has a Close and Distant sample set, captured on the VSL Silent Stage. It has a very clear and articulate character and plays very well, although lacks the dynamic range and warmth at the lower velocities like the newer Vienna Imperial and Synchron Bosendorfer Imperial. I run both mic sets with the Distant mics a few db lower than the Close as a Track Stack in Logic, completely dry and then aux send the mix to Inspirata.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
SUMMER SALE - June 1-15 - Get Inspirata Lite Edition at 70% OFF; Upgrade from Inspirata Lite Edition to Personal at 50% OFF, upgrade from Lite Edition to Professional at 40% OFF!

Lite​

NOW 70% OFF!
Promotional Code: LITE70OFF
Until 15 June 2021
Was: $99.00 | Now with code: $29.70

Lite to Personal​

NOW 50% OFF!
Promotional Code: UPGRADE-PERS50OFF
Until 15 June 2021
Was: $119.00 | Now with code: $59.50

Lite to Professional​

NOW 40% OFF!
Promotional Code: UPGRADE-PRO40OFF
Until 15 June 2021
Was: $519.00 | Now with code: $311.40

I want to buy Personal. Am I correct to assume that for this deal, I have to purchase the Lite first then upgrade to Personal?

Top Bottom