What's new

Infinite Samples going subscription...?

I can't blame em. But I also think that a rent-to-own model would be better for everyone than subscriptions. Like if Performance Samples or Orchestral tools charged $20-$40 a month for access to everything on their site and then every year I could just pick up a library or two and own them that would be great. I wouldnt' complain at all.

In another thread, Infinite Samples said that they would be posting today on VI-Control. So we might know more then.

Thus far, it looks as though any subscription is for samples, not Kontakt instruments. It also appears to be a credits system. You subscribe for the credits, and use the credits to buy lifetime licenses to the sounds of your choice.

Unused credits roll over - they don't expire at the end of a month.

However, to get a sample for professional use, you need to be on at least the Freelance Pro plan, at £20 per month.

It's not ideal for me; but I could easily imagine subscribing for a few months and buying £60 worth of samples, which was the non-sale, regular price of their sample packs before the change to this model. I'll wait for further details.

@infinitesamples when might we see a saucy walkthrough for Abyss? I'm super keen to see what it can do!
Basically, it is like Pangea, but plays only one sample at a time. However, it has drag and drop for loading the sample and, if wanted, can generate loop points automatically. So, it is not dramatically new. Perhaps adding drag and drop to Pangea would have been preferable; but Abyss is intended to play a role with their new sample purchase system, and so they would have wanted something separate from the Pangea samples.

With this, you can load any samples, including samples bought with credits from their subscription service.

I have asked for early access but don't have it yet. When I have full access to the service, I can post here about what it is like to use, and perhaps more about the range of samples. From now on, the announced intention is to add sample packs more frequently.

I can't blame em. But I also think that a rent-to-own model would be better for everyone than subscriptions. Like if Performance Samples or Orchestral tools charged $20-$40 a month for access to everything on their site and then every year I could just pick up a library or two and own them that would be great. I wouldnt' complain at all.
Would be great to get to this if / when NI allows, thanks for the feedback.

I have no issue with subscriptions (although I don't understand the attraction) as long as they continue to make non-subscription purchases available.

I have no issue with subscriptions (although I don't understand the attraction) as long as they continue to make non-subscription purchases available.
I get the feeling their sample packs will be going sub only from what I've seen so far.

Will the Abyss engine come with 'templates'/presets you can apply to any samples you drag and drop?
Hey J, yes all our Artists are working on Presets as we speak named and based around samples they provided for their packs on the new site - but the presets can be used with any sample dropped into them too of course. These presets will appear on the first update for The Abyss.

Hey J, yes all our Artists are working on Presets as we speak named and based around samples they provided for their packs on the new site - but the presets can be used with any sample dropped into them too of course. These presets will appear on the first update for The Abyss.
Thanks! Awesome, looking forward to it!

Top Bottom