What's new

IK Releases Hamburg Grand S274 for Pianoverse and new MAX bundle

You can get the Yamaha online elsewhere for $99 or less. But $299 for all of them is really good. Or less with jam points . For me because I already bought one, it would still be $399 in total, the same price as a new user with no product purchase history. And $100 more than if I had waited a few more weeks to purchase anything since I would have qualified for the upgrade by owning other products. And I already purchased a two month subscription so I could check them out before buying. Oh well.

What about users who have already bought more than one piano? I have bought and registered 4 pianos.
Please contact IK Support if you feel your purchases justify a better upgrade price point and they will take a look at your information. Thanks!

I probably see the upgrade price as I own TS MAX. Must say that with Jampoints this is quite a fair deal. Price is the price of 3 pianos, and 100 Euro less than the new VSL F212 of which I only really dig the tube mic. I know PV only comes with 2 mics, but for pop music most of the VSL libraries have only 2 a 3 usable mics for me too.

I was waiting for the Y7 to go back on sale, but very very tempted to grab the MAX edition...
Yeah if you can get it for $299 for all pianos without even owning any pianos right now hat's a really good deal. So I guess you can get an upgrade price on any registered product, not only a pianoverse product. I wish I had not already purchased the Yamaha. Basically cost me 100 bucks extra.
The upgrade price is for those who have a Pianoverse piano or the annual subscription. Other products do not make you eligible for it. I will report that there may be something else triggering it but the upgrade price eligibility was posted as I replied above.

My upgrade price having 1 of the pianos is now 199€ + VAT. I can also use up to 60 jam points. Very tempted..
The site is really funny. As mentioned in previous posts, I have 4 pianos and that's what I get shown:

1709999610379.png

I contacted customer support 2 days ago and I'm waiting for an reply as to how they intend to deal with customers like me.

@horowitz are you sure you are logged in? As that is the price I see when logged out.

I was able to buy it for 139.99 Euro (ex VAT and using 60 Jampoints). So if you already bought 4 piano's, they should just give you the MAX upgrade!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 17.17.52.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 17.17.52.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 17.20.24.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 17.20.24.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 5
@horowitz are you sure you are logged in? As that is the price I see when logged out.

I was able to buy it for 139.99 Euro (ex VAT and using 60 Jampoints). So if you already bought 4 piano's, they should just give you the MAX upgrade!
YES, I am logged in. I wanted to test whether the software recognizes that I have 4 pianos and sets the price to $0/€0 when I try to buy the MAX version, because I have already paid more than the current offer for new customers.
It almost looks as if the software does the following check:
if one piano registered then "reduced price" else "full price"

I have now also received a short reply from support. They are checking whether and in which way I can upgrade. 😐 🤔 It's really funny!

Last edited:
and sets the price to $0/€0 when I try to buy the MAX version
That’s not how IKM ever does things unfortunately. Usually they do not take into account the actual number of parts of some MAX edition you actually own. The Maxgrade price is the same whether you own 4 or just the one. It’s been like that for forever. I doubt whether Pianoverse is the exception to that rule unless I’ve missed something?

So it hardly ever is a good idea to buy individual IKM plugins, even when they’re extremely discounted or even given away in Group Buys. At least, if you have the faintest notion you might want to own a collection, it pays off to wait for the Max bundle and outright buy that.

You do get to sell your old licenses though, but they make you buy license transfer credits for that, so it ain’t free.

IMG_6580.jpeg

Last edited:
It almost looks as if the software does the following check:
if one piano registered then "reduced price" else "full price"
Yep, that’s exactly how Maxgrades work in general. You need the one “license” in your account to have it kick in. Own more? Same price. Want that upgrade anyway? You’re off to the Buy / Sell classifieds to see if you can make back some of that early adopter investment money (minus the €25 hit you’ll take anyway for each license you want to transfer).

Or as Peter has pointed out, now you’re advised to send a request to Support and they may help you out apparently.

Last edited:
I will report that there may be something else triggering it but the upgrade price eligibility was posted as I replied above.
There definitely seems to be Peter. I am able to upgrade to MAX for €199, not owning any Pianoverse pianos yet (I’m on Studio MAX 3.5 currently).

That’s not how IKM ever does things unfortunately. Usually they do not take into account the actual number of parts of some MAX edition you actually own. The Maxgrade price is the same whether you own 4 or just the one. It’s been like that for forever. I doubt whether Pianoverse is the exception to that rule unless I’ve missed something?
Thanks for the info. I was not aware of this as a new IKM customer. If it is as you describe, I will never buy anything from them from now on. I would only be interested in the Boesendorfer 200 anyway and I already have a 225 from another company. I can therefore live without it.

There definitely seems to be Peter. I am able to upgrade to MAX for €199, not owning any Pianoverse pianos yet (I’m on Studio MAX 3.5 currently).
Same here from Studio Max 4. With Jampoints, I could get it for 140$, but that would be crazy to get it now instead of waiting for that to probably be included in Studio Max 5

I purchased the upgrade for $199 after already owning the Yamaha piano (less with jam points). I understand about the possibility of including in studio max 5 later on, but who knows when or if that might happen. I have studio max 3.5 and I’m not sure what else I could possibly need in any future upgrade if I already own Pianoverse max. These are very good pianos for only $299 total. If you can get it for $199 without currently owning any pianoverse pianos, I would definitely grab it. Sure I wish I had waited longer before purchasing the Yamaha but I still feel like it’s a great deal for 8 pianos.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of this as a new IKM customer. If it is as you describe, I will never buy anything from them from now on. I would only be interested in the Boesendorfer 200 anyway and I already have a 225 from another company. I can therefore live without it.
Uhhh yeah...

The way that IKM works, it's a numbers game. Rule 1: It's a game. Rule 2: You play it with numbers. Rule 3: If there are any questions, see Rules 1 & 2. It would be nice if Support comes through for you, though.

I do have a question for you. Are you using the Ivory II Studio Pianos 225 or something else? I've tried to buy Studio Pianos recently and have been unable to—checking the system requirements, it might be too old to run for me anyway. I've never played a piano that I've liked as much as a real 225. We had our hundred year old 200 rebuilt over the pandemic and, as nice as it is (superb, in fact), there's just something about the 225...

Owning Total Studio 3.5 and none of the pianos until now, I've picked up the bundle for about 180 Euros (with jam points) as I'm not really waiting for a new version of Total Studio. It's a great deal for 8 high end Vst pianos that can be placed in any room with MIR 3D Pro, Insprirata, etc...

Owning Total Studio 3.5 and none of the pianos until now, I've picked up the bundle for about 180 Euros (with jam points) as I'm not really waiting for a new version of Total Studio. It's a great deal for 8 high end Vst pianos that can be placed in any room with MIR 3D Pro, Insprirata, etc...
I own Total Studio 3.5 as well and I see €299. €363 with VAT, so not for me.

I do have a question for you. Are you using the Ivory II Studio Pianos 225 or something else? I've tried to buy Studio Pianos recently and have been unable to—checking the system requirements, it might be too old to run for me anyway. I've never played a piano that I've liked as much as a real 225. We had our hundred year old 200 rebuilt over the pandemic and, as nice as it is (superb, in fact), there's just something about the 225...
Since competing products may not be discussed in this commercial area, I have replied to you by PM.

Top Bottom