What's new

IK Multimedia is Slow to Respond

Thought I'd take advantage of the sale on Miroslav for $38, and after a torturous route to authorizing and downloading the necessary files, it turns out one of them is corrupted and I'm missing several sound files.

I contacted IK through their support page and was told it would be several days before I'd get a response.

WTF?

This whole experience has been a pain in the ass. Imagine if I'd paid full price for this thing.

UPDATE: Title edited to sound less like clickbait. Twenty-four hours later and still no joy.

UPDATE 2: I was finally contacted and the matter has been sorted out. Twenty-four plus hours after I purchased this instrument, I can finally play it.

UPDATE 3: Sigh. There seems to be a problem with the software refusing to let me change some midi values. Back to support....

I've been fortunate that I had no issues but how did you know some were corrupted and missing? Was it through the initial scan or loading various patches?

I've been fortunate that I had no issues but how did you know some were corrupted and missing? Was it through the initial scan or loading various patches?
The zip file wouldn't open and said it was corrupt. The sounds come in three zip files and two were fine, but that third one was corrupt. So I was missing several instruments when I tried to load them.

I had a similar issue with Synthmaster. I bought 2 expansions and paid for them but neither showed up in my plug in. I tried contacting their customer service for the better part of a week but to no avail. Luckily I purchased thru PayPal and escalated to them so I got my money back since they never responded to them either.

Have you tried 7zip for unarchiving ? I’ve had problems with zip files before and using 7zip allowed me to open archives that other expanders showed as corrupt.

I had a similar issue with Synthmaster. I bought 2 expansions and paid for them but neither showed up in my plug in. I tried contacting their customer service for the better part of a week but to no avail. Luckily I purchased thru PayPal and escalated to them so I got my money back since they never responded to them either.

Good know. somehow i liked how synthmaster sounds (some others sound better to me) but this removes it my list. at least these others answers quickly.(U-he and Rob Papen,Tone2). Also Ik multimedia is removed even Sampletank 3 audiodemos some things sound something what i can use way.

UPDATE: My initial problem was fixed, but I had a secondary problem in that the Miroslav player (and Sampletank 3) would not allow me to adjust the min and max percentages for controlling a knob (or fx) with midi. I have been back and forth several times with them, sent them a link to a video showing the problem, and they last thing I heard from them this morning was "I don't know what the problem is." Sigh. Let's hope someone there does and they get back to me.

how was your initial problem fixed?
your secondary problem is you cannot set that midi cc xy value 0 equals to 17% of the knob and value 128 equals to 85% do I get that right?

I want a red wagon, a pony, and I want premium chocolate ice cream to be calorie free. I don’t believe either of us is likely to get exactly what we want, but it’s good to have aspirations.
I don't need any of those things. I just need good customer service.

Yes you are. Nobody that has any sort of intellect would ever say that seriously.
Your sly little attack aside, I'm dead serious. When I've had problems in the past with other developers or retailers, I've gotten help the very same day. Even big companies with lots of customers.

There is absolutely no reason why customer service has to be slow -- unless, of course, it's not that important to you. Some of the developers I've dealt with have chat support and they help you during the chat session. When I didn't receive my download from Musician's Friend a couple days ago, I got on chat support and the problem was solved within seconds.

With IK, I had a corrupt download. Something that should be simple to remedy. But they don't have chat support. They have an archaic ticket system with no real instructions on which department to contact for such a problem. Sales? Tech Support? Had to guess on that one. Then I got a message saying it could be days before they contacted me. Someone suggested I go to their Facebook page and that sped things up a bit, but I still didn't hear from them until the following day.

So perhaps it has nothing to do with intellect. Maybe it has to do with providing a service.

No reasonable person would expect a response in three hours. No reasonable person would expect a small company such as IK to have support reps waiting to support customers 24/7 - which would have to be the case to get a response within three hours. When I send an email to SFA on Saturday morning, I get a response late Monday afternoon. If I send one Monday morn, it's replied to (usually) within 24 hours. Both are acceptable.

At this point, I think you are just trolling.

Hi
I don't know why this thread has 4 pages of comments, every one is saying the right thing,imo.
There is nothing wrong with asking for better services from a company that you bought a product from. Even if the product costs only 38$. At the same time, the whole idea of setting deadlines for a support reply might be a bit too idealistic. i can't blame rob for what he wants, and i can't blame everyone else for blaming rob for how he wants it.
So since the problem's solved, would you guys stop talking about the whole thing??

Top Bottom